FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Brewmonksta

Destro Long Execute priority?

Hi Warlock folks,

I have been leveling a Destro warlock to see what all the hype is about. I have been doing amazing dps for the level and have really only a few questions/confirmations so far.

1 - Shadowburn, during a multi target execute phase that will last longer than 3 shadowburns do you advise holding embers until its within the 5 seconds until kill range rather than spam 2 or 3 in quick succession whilst weaving in incinerate/conflag/immolate between and using the 3.5+ ember priority system to ensure the ember refund/gains aren't wasted??

2 - When an aoe execute happens (5+ targets) i try to have a FnB Immolate up with RoF and then just spam Shadowburn on all targets(havoc on a main target). I could possibly math it out but will spamming Shadowburn be more dps than maintaining a FnB incinerate/conflag rotation given that with that many targets embers aren't a problem?

Thanks in advance for any input :)

Hi Warlock folks,

I have been leveling a Destro warlock to see what all the hype is about. I have been doing amazing dps for the level and have really only a few questions/confirmations so far.

1 - Shadowburn, during a multi target execute phase that will last longer than 3 shadowburns do you advise holding embers until its within the 5 seconds until kill range rather than spam 2 or 3 in quick succession whilst weaving in incinerate/conflag/immolate between and using the 3.5+ ember priority system to ensure the ember refund/gains aren't wasted??

2 - When an aoe execute happens (5+ targets) i try to have a FnB Immolate up with RoF and then just spam Shadowburn on all targets(havoc on a main target). I could possibly math it out but will spamming Shadowburn be more dps than maintaining a FnB incinerate/conflag rotation given that with that many targets embers aren't a problem?

Thanks in advance for any input smile.png

Sounds like in both cases you're fighting adds, not bosses. 

1) Long term Ex shadowburn just takes the place of CB until the last few % when you dump to kill. Build, hold for procs, dump a load, build, hold for procs, dump a load, etc. If this is long term adds then normally you'll find that one or two of them are lower HP then the others, due to other classes with less AoE or people just STing them down more or just plan RNG, try and snipe those when they get low for embers. Other wise treat it as normal.

2) Depends, do you NEED to kill the 5+ targets or do you need to kill the main target? If you NEED to kill them all then it's the same as in answer number one, if you're just needing to kill the one target but the others are there because they are there, like ozzes on Dark Shaman, then keep a F&B Immo on them and RoF down to build embers as you drop the pain on the main target. Again, sniping low HP targets for Embers is also a good thing.

Napkin math, my F&B Incin does about 200k a hit, my shadow burn will do right around 900k (no procs) so on five targets or more it's clearly better to just burn them up rather then SB them. Until things start getting really close to dead and targets start dropping, then I SB to finish them off.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input.

Yeah currently i am only lvl 87 so primarily doing dungeons etc so alot of adds.

But it could be transferred into SoO like you mentioned e.g. Galakras, Shamans, P1 Garrosh, Spoils.

With the sniping of other targets while main target burning should i wait until they are within the 5 second death window to snipe or is it purely another target is below 20% and i can havoc, spam all ember charges on Shadowburn?

So i guess would 3 Havoc Shadowburns with no ember gain  > "normal" main target priority with maybe 1 Shadowburn for ember gain only. For example Heroic Malkorok add?