FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Crazysoul

Current WoW Feed Overrun with Classic

There is a separate panel for Classic news, please put the Classic stuff just in that feed and not in the current game feed as well. Half of the WoW feed is overrun with Classic news, and some of us really don't care about that at all. I played the original beta, played vanilla, and all the way through to now, and don't have any plans on going back and playing classic. So, would love if I didn't have to sift through all of its news to see the new stuff with the current game.

Hi there!

The reason we have the Classic stuff within the WoW tab was because we still consider the game a "World of Warcraft" game - the WoW section encompasses WoW overall, while the WoW Classic tab is purely for players that are only returning to the game as Classic players.

Essentially, WoW Classic is a WoW game, but WoW isn't a WoW Classic game. Hopefully that makes sense and explains a bit why we've still got the WoW tab joined together.

We're possibly looking at adding a filtering button that players can use to just altogether remove Classic from the /wow news timeline, but I can't really give you an ETA on when that might be done. We're looking into solutions though that work for everyone ?

Bumping this up. If Wowhead didn't have any trouble putting a filter to avoid this Classic junk (inb4, I played the game all the way since 2004) information, why can't you? It's annoying as hell for people who don't care about classic. I would really appreciate an option just to filter the crap out of it from the main page.