FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Prometheuc

Need help Assass rogue (reforging/gemming correctly)

Hey everyone,

new to these forums.

I'm struggling with getting dps numbers shadowcraft says i should be pulling 201k dps, and I'm only pulling 150-160k dps.

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us/illidan/prometheuc/#!/jVFhb5swEP0v/mxV2A2M6D5NmkY6VjVVU0VZFCGbOMEhFGpo2vTX7xlotUjTNMNxx7t3d49jLThr0kcieUNlMKHDckVEzkx6xB+3+05i90JyhuRtb59HpGkXRw8kpoWn++IPk+RKCcrwftuTdeKMJbG/8fC5N/DEvCijJEWT56GJJ0uKFj+TEuRvH6P0WS4NWO2fo/yc41e4ZJROddqRF9trP8Sj0udVNUbu1es9kDRD33k5WyAppgnJ49jEiyrfT4kd4NknPBzGsTXFOBNSiEAi0GpB+jEkrVbwEfw942v2a+TIoOfMqeeppc8PvCJk/9Fqw9frmIcb0FqKKbzzwklbL+aBomWvKo6I7ugdcwX/64VymqAuxIdouoblVNKW9kA10C1hGk1hX5CJwTTI75DXpBA1iEoq8LTwB9r7T6yKzLw1xnW2NZlTnX3aZ/XJOGe3Bnu6mnBW/5MSXEWcFartzEXdNWeVB935Apac5c52Fxh+xlF15ik/+24BKtX2lDXKqarFQnHvapebrHG2Ri1YrMoLtsE+ZOh3H3c/2OY3

is there a problem with my gemming/reforging? I've been using a mixture of shadowcraft/askmrrobot as guides on how to gem and reforge but i thought i might get a different opinion of actual players.

Armory is here : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Prometheuc/simple

Thanks in advance

Prometh.

You look fine to me except the missing buckle for your belt.

Remember, that Shadowcraft makes a lot of assumptions. First it assumes that you will be fully buffed, flasked, and fed. Next it assumes you will be using your pots, and a base proc rate for things like your trinkets and other items. Finally it assumes you will be playing your character to perfection (no wasted combo points, no downtime on dots, using your cd's when available etc.). You can go into the settings and disable some of these assumptions (buffs, pots, and the like), but you still will rarely if ever pull the dps that it calculates, because you are not perfect, and because it doesn't take into consideration the fact that you have to run around and perform various other mechanics (don't stand in the fire!) that result in a loss of dps.

• Like 1

Something you can do is to disable all raid buffs and debuffs (except for your own) and then use that as a basis for what you should be able to do on a raid dummy.

Then attack a raid dummy for 5-10 minutes and see how you do. Generally, 80-90 % of what shadowcraft says is good.

In my opinion you have too much haste. +36% haste is way over. As ass'n gives you lots of energy regen through Venomous Wounds and T16 2pc bonus. I wouldn't even reach the 30% bar for haste, staying in between 27% and 29% which should give you a rather stable rota.

I'd go crit after you've reached 29% haste and 65% mastery (plus raid buffs should push you to or near 100% mastery).

But that said, it should fit your style of play. As of right now, ass'n rogues stats don't really differ much, really depends how you like to play. I go crit (41% crit unbuffed) while staying at 29.50% haste and 65% mastery.

And what Muri said, don't rely 100% on tools such as shadowcraft and amr, they are not that reliable.

assasa in mastery for your gear currently stack the hell out of mastery. it makes your damage come out alot better. when you get a certain gear level along with the T16 2/4 set mastery takes the back road to a certain amount. also i hate to be this guy but. legendary back and meta will boost the living crap out of your damage on a side note.