FORUMS
Damien

Healing Priest 1.12 (Classic)

This thread is for comments and feedback regarding our guide for healing as a Priest in WoW Classic.

Guest Bis list

BiS list doesn't take into account updated items, since phase 1 will be patch 1.12 item values. This means better items for leg slot and ring. And several other options that are better or equally good.

Guest Momo

Is the bis list right? I've seen some other lists and they were very different compared to this.

On 8/13/2019 at 8:03 AM, Guest Bis list said:

BiS list doesn't take into account updated items, since phase 1 will be patch 1.12 item values. This means better items for leg slot and ring. And several other options that are better or equally good.

On 8/19/2019 at 12:30 PM, Guest Momo said:

Is the bis list right? I've seen some other lists and they were very different compared to this.

Thanks guys I'll check this out again and update appropriately. Appreciate the feedback!

Thanks for putting this together, Niphyr!

I noticed a handful of the other guides have a 2nd or even a 3rd alternative for pre-raid BIS.  Is there any way you could throw in a 2nd best for each slot?

On 8/23/2019 at 6:01 AM, genghisconn said:

Thanks for putting this together, Niphyr!

I noticed a handful of the other guides have a 2nd or even a 3rd alternative for pre-raid BIS.  Is there any way you could throw in a 2nd best for each slot?

Hey Genghisconn, you'll now find multiple options in each slot for the phase 1 pre-BiS!

On 9/23/2019 at 1:36 PM, Shadokugel said:

Thaurissan's Royal ScepterThaurissan's Royal Scepter seems to be superior to Spirit of AquementasSpirit of Aquementas for the pre-raid BiS. It drops from Emperor Dagran Thaurissan in BRD.

Hey, both of these items are listed, with Thaurissan's being listed first. 

Guest Krateros

Isn't a "+42 Healing Spells" waist better than Whipvine Cord and thus best in slot?

Guest Carldio

"Mana igniting cord" you put a DPS item on your BiS list for healers.  Whipvine Cord is pre-raid bis and straight better

Guest Komehonor - Westfall

The talent tree part of this guide really needs improvement. Cast knockback resistance is pointless for the holy priest. If you're getting hit there's a huge problem. The BiS guide too is really weak. I wouldn't recommend this guide be used by anyone as of November 27th 2019.

Guest adeai00

Nice guide but could you update the raid BiS now that world bosses are available?

Guest Nate

Isn't Hide of the Wild a leather piece?  I thought Priest could only wear cloth.

On 12/20/2019 at 9:06 AM, Guest Nate said:

Isn't Hide of the Wild a leather piece?  I thought Priest could only wear cloth.

You are correct they can only wear cloth. Backs/Capes are all cloth.

Hi.

First off, thanks for this guide, it got me through the early days of priest healing, having come from Pally healing (What do you mean I can't spam Flash Heal?!).

In order to try and find out which are the best spells and talents for a priest to use, I created a spreadsheet which calculates what the most effective or efficient spells are, based on an individuals Healing Power and talents. What I found is this guide was only accurate for very low Healing Power. Increases in Healing Power have a massive effect on what spells become the most efficient. 

Anyway, I've tried to make it so that others can input their own talents/ Healing Power so they can use it too. All the values have been tested and are accurate to within 1 (Blizzard do some strange things when it comes to rounding).

WoW Classic Priest Healing Calculator

PHC 1.png

PHC 2.png

PHC 3.png

Edited by MitchJC

Further Explanation of Priest Healing Calculator

There's 2 key questions we're interested in when it comes to healing spells.

1. What's my most powerful spell?

This is the spell you cast that maximises your healing per second (HPS). If there's huge amounts of damage going off, this is what you want to be casting. It's usually accepted that spells like this often come at a cost and it cannot be sustained for long periods of time. 

1. What's my most efficient spell?

In long engagements, these are the spells you want to be able to spam, to get the most amount of healing out of how much mana you have. Now as you can see from the tables above, the lowest rank Renews have outstanding efficiency, but, do very little healing. Therefore, it becomes a balancing act. You want to be able to use the most efficient spell that does the right amount of healing.

This will come down to your own choices in terms of talents as well as how much Healing Power your gear has at the time.

Edited by MitchJC

Guest Valdris

Im not sure with the pendant as bis necklace 

normally you guys went full on addheal, 

shouldn’t be the choker bis necklace?

Guest wowclassicttv

this also dors not include the beasts deck/ trinket which is bis until BC

Guest Orto

There's another defensive consumable which doesn't share the cooldown with the potions: the flame-deflector

It's crafted by engineers but doesn't require engineering to use it.

You can use it infigt when the e.g. greater fire protection potion is used up and still have the CD available for a mana/healing/.. potion.

Guest Mølsted

i see that both Mitch and the author of this guide, agree that the Healing power modifier for PoH is set to 0,2857, but testing this with just above 700 HP it seemt that the benefit of healing power actually is higher, would you care to explain me that math that you have done ?

Guest Ebolarama

To add to this, you also have yet to provide Powerweaving as the viable 3rd option for raid. Grabbing power infusion and shadow weaving for your warlocks. You won't top healing meters BUT your utility is great overall. Rank1 Mind Flay and Mind Blast to apply Shadow Weaving allowing your warlocks to go full DPS and provide raid healing.

31/0/20

You never focus as a tank healer horde/alliance as a Powerweaver, you're a spot healer at best in case things go south.

essentially you SHOULD be 1 Powerweaver 3 Disc in a raid team as PI is too valuable even more so endgame to take holy over it. Speed runs with melee staking is different, especially with using only 1 warlock and 1 Mage, it's the only time you have a holy priest.

ideally you'd run (horde)
1 Powerweaver
3 Disc
5 RShaman
1 Rdruid (swiftmend tank healer)

Ideally you'd run (alliance)

1 Powerweaver
5 Disc
3 HPaladin
1 RDruid (swiftmend tank healer)

On 7/4/2020 at 4:45 PM, Guest Team matt said:

When will you release bis for phase 5 ?

The P5 BiS pages are being worked on already, with the first one up for Resto Shaman ?