FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Blizzard Sending Out Level 100 Boosts to Inactive Accounts

sz8a3cX.jpg

We noticed that Blizzard is sending out Level 100 Character Boosts to inactive accounts as part of the game's 15th Anniversary.

It appears that only inactive accounts currently qualify for the boost.

The EU account, which received the Gift and email, has been unsubscribed from the game since June 23, 2018. On the other hand, our active US account received nothing.

boost.JPG

The boost can be claimed until October 30, 2019

The safest bet is to check your Battle.net Desktop App or your inbox for an email from Blizzard.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

The email subject is quite clear it is to attract inactive accounts  - Here’s to 15 Years, Xxxx! Return to Azeroth with a Free Level 100 Character Boost.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

We noticed that Blizzard is sending out Level 100 Character Boosts to select accounts as part of the game's 15th Anniversary.

Fake info. The boosts have only been given to inactive accounts in order to encourage them to return.

Imagine trying to give players who quit the game "incentive" to come back. LUL c'mon Blizz gotta think and use that big brain of yours and consider why they left in the first place.

1 hour ago, Varrick said:

Imagine trying to give players who quit the game "incentive" to come back. LUL c'mon Blizz gotta think and use that big brain of yours and consider why they left in the first place.

People stop playing a game for multiple reasons.  Some people leave because of real life garbage like a GF/BF that doesn't like them playing so much.  Maybe the are mad at game balance.  Maybe they had a kid.  Maybe they changed jobs and can't make the time.

And then 5 years later their Real Life crap is sorted and they now have free time.  They get an email saying that they get a free 100 boost if they give WoW another shot.

Not everyone leaves WoW for BS reasons like Store Mounts or other garbage streamers b!tch about.

• Thanks 1

A BF/GF that doesn't respect their significant other's need to have personal time a few hours a week is super unhealthy and is the definition of real life garbage.  A significant other that wants to occupy all of your time is a very unhealthy situation... and its also pretty common.

Edited by geofferson
  • Thanks 1

I got it... Not sure why it's 100 instead of 110 but whatever. Blizzard if you want me to come back how about a nice sale on a BFA + sub package?

Oh and it's a little confusing. It's just the gift that expires, right? Once you consume the gift and have a boost waiting on your account it doesn't expire?

Anybody could list a number of reasons why they don't play anymore even with an optimistic attitude with A, B and C. Point being if someone really wanted to come back I am confident to say at the very least that they would on their own accord. Now I am not shaming on blizzard or anything like that *insert some generalization here* I am just saying its rather silly and it is. I guess more power to the player if they take handouts right its just a game ?

Amazing, i resubbed 2 days ago and ofc i didnt get one. What do paying customers get? Oh i know, jackshit and a link to phone and lootbox ads

It's a nice incentive no matter the reason an ex-player whom is willing to return and try the game.  However the boost is just Lv.100 and a lot of the current content to attempt is at Lv.120.  Even if the token was used to create an alt to save for a rainy day it kinda defeats the purpose....and can be viewed as nothing by clickbait to resub and endure the next 20 levels of xp, ap, and rep grinding with the carrot on a stick with the use of Benthic gear to work towards for the time being.  And of course some of the catch mechanics that are current will help ease some of this but doesn't help a person that is starting from ground zero of BFA.

However if the token is Lv.110 this may get a few players to retry and attempt what is going on in the current patch. and determine if the game is or is not worth subbing to again.   More than likely several of these players may simply by pass this offer and jump directly into Classic once it is fully released.

6 hours ago, Varrick said:

Anybody could list a number of reasons why they don't play anymore even with an optimistic attitude with A, B and C. Point being if someone really wanted to come back I am confident to say at the very least that they would on their own accord. Now I am not shaming on blizzard or anything like that *insert some generalization here* I am just saying its rather silly and it is. I guess more power to the player if they take handouts right its just a game ?

They are doing it because promotions do work that's why companies do them; It is Marketing 101.

Saying a company that has a promotion is being silly especially when the promotion costs them nothing more than a Forum Post, a Launcher Graphic and a mass mailer to former subs.  That's maybe 1 or 2 days work for an unpaid intern.  If even 0.01% of the former 30 million WoW players from the last 15 years comes back for a few months its very worth it.

You really don't know what you are talking about regarding Marketing.

Edited by geofferson

32 minutes ago, geofferson said:

They are doing it because promotions do work that's why companies do them; It is Marketing 101.

Saying a company that has a promotion is being silly especially when the promotion costs them nothing more than a Forum Post, a Launcher Graphic and a mass mailer to former subs.  That's maybe 1 or 2 days work for an unpaid intern.  If even 0.01% of the former 30 million WoW players from the last 15 years comes back for a few months its very worth it.

You really don't know what you are talking about regarding Marketing.

I really think you're taking this out of context. It is silly. Its 2019 and while their approach is reasonable to bring back players to play a game that's been out for literally 15 years give or take as you say "WoW players from the last 15 years comes back for a few months its very worth it" idk what this even means other than the writing on the wall. As for your marketing comment idk what that has to do with anything. This service is being GIVEN and "OFFERED" to the players in hopes that they "stay". If you want to take this to a even bigger mountain than that. Go to twitch and check the views on WoW in-comparison to a game like Fortnite. You'd be surprised how much more fun people have playing something that doesn't require work ~ its a dieing trend and the only game to beat WoW is ironically itself WoW Classic lol - If in-fact you do not believe me you really you should take the look at the forums sometime and try to asses why people are leaving instead of coming back. Then try to tell me that i dont know anything about marketing when people are bored. They don't want to grind out reputations day in and day out you might as well go to work and call it WoW from the constant grind. But if we level this all out at the end of the day its the individuals choice. its entertainment and a video game just like I said previously.

I don't get it, I didn't have an active subscription since around April, I haven't gotten any boost incentive to come back, I did however receive a free 3 day play time.. Okay then?

6 hours ago, Zahli said:

I don't get it, I didn't have an active subscription since around April, I haven't gotten any boost incentive to come back, I did however receive a free 3 day play time.. Okay then?

Maybe the inactive time requirement is much higher. I last played in 2014 and got it. But I wont play. Not because I hate on WoW like most people, just because I had enough of it for a lifetime.