FORUMS
Valks

Paladin PvP 1.12 (Classic)

Guest BunsHole

You know you guys give zero options. Not everyone can or will get rank 14 weapon... I wish you'd consider that.

Guest Lorendis

I don't get it..

Why is reckoning not covered here? Hard pass on these guides guys.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:10 PM, Guest BunsHole said:

You know you guys give zero options. Not everyone can or will get rank 14 weapon... I wish you'd consider that.

I know this is a late reply, but the gear lists are updated to include many more options now, not just the pure BiS. Luckily PvP is much more open about choosing your gear as well, so there are other viable options than just what is on the list!

On 8/30/2020 at 5:49 PM, Guest Lorendis said:

I don't get it..

Why is reckoning not covered here? Hard pass on these guides guys.

The Ret section does go over the standard talent build, but I could probably include a bit about reckoning. This is meant to showcase the most popular or go-to PvP build for Ret, not necessarily expand on every single possible build since there are tons of builds that exist, all viable since PvP is much more open to interpretation in Classic. 

Guest Tonedef

You have the wrong Brood of Nozdormu ring listed. You have the Invoker ring listed, which is for casters while you list that its a reward from the Conqueror questline, which is agility and hit.

Guest wormscale shield

its not from av reputations its from aq40 boss ouros

On 4/18/2021 at 7:01 AM, Guest wormscale shield said:

its not from av reputations its from aq40 boss ouros

I believe what you're referring to was fixed already - the table was just misaligned, should be good now.

Guest Reader

Your guide is missing the Reckoning builds, which are actually popular for PvP and very popular for world PvP whenever Rogue ganking is a concern. Also, describing Retribution spec as "strong" is pretty wrong. Unless you have some crazy gear and are rocking something like 40% crit so you can get that 7% supercrit chance (ie. crit your auto, proc SoC, and crit that too) and maintain uptime on your Vengeance, it's pretty much a joke spec where you can get 90% of the offensive benefits just by grabbing 2/2 Improved Judgment and Seal of Command and *filtered* off after your 11 point investment. The biggest thing hard Retribution has going for it is Repentance, really, which is either used to heal up or combo on enemies. Your hard Retribution spec also has 2/2 Improved Lay on Hands and nothing else from the 11+ line for some insane reason. Look, if you're hard Retribution spec, you either get Consecration from Holy (the standard) or Blessing of Kings from Prot (and end up with 4/5 Spiritual Focus, which is less than ideal). You do not prioritize 2/2 Improved Lay on Hands and ignore the rest.

5/5 Redoubt is also pretty much always better than 5/5 Improved Devotion Aura. The increased mitigation on a Paladin is too damn marginal to matter, so unless you're partybuffing people with trash armor that's not going to do anything noticeable and if you are partybuffing people with trash armor (ie. spellcasters), unless you are the second Paladin you should really be using Concentration Aura and not Devotion Aura. Meanwhile getting +30% block is much more likely to do a noticeable job of reducing incoming damage whenever you are up against a physical damage user.

It is also worth noting that 1H specialization has a misnamed tooltip. It actually gives you a flat 10% boost to all damage while you have a 1H equipped, which has ramifications for Engineering items and holy damage.