FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

WoW Classic Realms Population Report: August 23rd

4dBHwiR.jpg

We're four days away from Classic launch. New realms are coming in both regions on August 26, and Blizzard will also be lifting the 3-character limit per server soon.

Check out our WoW Classic Realm Population hub for a full history of recent population changes!

EU Realms

Gehennas is now marked as Full. Both new German servers went from Low to Medium.

The following realms will open on August 26, 2019 at 19:00 p.m. CEST:

• Flamelash - PvP - English
  • Gandling - PvP English
  • Mograine - PvP - English
  • Nethergarde Keep - Normal - English
  • Razorgore - PvP - English
Name Type Language Population
Firemaw *new* PvP English Medium
Gehennas PvP English High Full
Golemagg PvP English Full
Hydraxian Waterlords RP English Medium
Mirage Raceway Normal English High
Pyrewood Village Normal English High
Shazzrah PvP English Full
Zandalar Tribe RP-PvP English Medium
Auberdine Normal French Medium
Sulfuron PvP French High
Everlook Normal German Full
Lucifron PvP German Full
Razorfen *new* Normal German Low Medium
Venoxis *new* PvP German Low Medium
Хроми (Chromie) Normal Russian Medium
Пламегор (Flamegor) PvP Russian High

US Realms

The following realms will open on August 26, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. PDT:

• Incendius - PvP - Eastern
  • Bigglesworth - PvP - Pacific
  • Old Blanchy - Normal - Pacific
  • Westfall - Normal - Eastern
Name Type Time Zone Population
Atiesh Normal Pacific High
Blaumeux *new* PvP Pacific Low
Mankrik Normal Eastern Full
Myzrael Normal Pacific High
Pagle Normal Eastern Full
Skeram *new* PvP Eastern Medium
Stalagg PvP Eastern High 
Faerlina PvP Eastern Full
Fairbanks PvP Pacific  High
Herod PvP Eastern Full
Whitemane PvP Pacific Full
Bloodsail Buccanneers RP Eastern Medium
Grobbulus RP-PvP Pacific Medium
Thalnos PvP Eastern Full

Oceanic Realms

Name Type Time Zone Population
Arugal PvP Australian Eastern Time High
Remulos Normal Australian Eastern Time Medium

They're adding servers at a pretty quick rate!  I wonder what their population estimates are for Classic now.  I have a feeling Classic is going to grow like they did back in vanilla so it should be interesting to see.  I think they're severely overestimating the percent of tourists as well.

13 minutes ago, ClassicRaids said:

They're adding servers at a pretty quick rate!  I wonder what their population estimates are for Classic now.  I have a feeling Classic is going to grow like they did back in vanilla so it should be interesting to see.  I think they're severely overestimating the percent of tourists as well.

With the end of Legion and most of BFA feeling like an on-rails experience where the world is no longer the main character along with a crazy amount of Nostalgia from the original millions of subs...I think people will go hardcore with classic for a few months then itll dip hard with other new games coming out.

Despite new servers being added, many people will likely stay on those marked as full. Better to deal with queues initially, than to end on a dead server.

Edited by Arcling
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Blizzard have stated that the BC Classic beta is coming soon, but didn't specify when exactly. Today the Battle.net launcher's app catalog was updated with the TBC Internal Alpha, visible only to Blizzard but datamineable nonetheless!
      Right at the bottom there, the Internal Alpha most likely won't last too long and many have speculated that the beta won't be too long either, as there aren't as many issues to be dealt with as there were for Vanilla Classic. The release date is up in the air but hopefully Blizzard won't put it too close to patch 9.1, as many players will want to play both.
      In any case all we can do now is make sure we've opted-in to the beta (here) and wait!
      Source.
    • By Staff
      The level 58 boost option that is offered with the arrival of  Burning Crusade Classic has caused quite a bit of controversy and Blizzard have now tried to clarify the details on it a little, clarifying that the boosts will only be available on the new BC realms, while the Classic Era realms (where characters will stay if they don't transfer to the new BC  realms) will not have the boost available.
      Boost (source)
      Hello.
      I think it might be helpful to note that what we’re now calling WoW Classic Era realms start at Level 1, and we feel the same as we did two years ago: no Boost would ever be needed (or appropriate) there. When we originally laid out our principles for WoW Classic, the 1-60 experience was the only thing to which we could refer.
      Burning Crusade Classic begins at level 58, and we’re configuring this new Boost service to avoid minimizing the accomplishments of existing players or skipping any new content at launch. It’s for players who want a way to quickly join their friends in Outland.
    • By Staff
      While BlizzConline may be done, the interviews sure aren't, and we got a lot of new info on the Burning Crusade Classic from MrGM's interview with John Hight and Brian Birmingham!
      The biggest takeway from the interview is the fact that BC Classsic will work in the newest Shadowlands client, meaning we may get new graphical options like Ray Tracing and other goodies!  Raid attunements will mostly work as they did, but there will also be improvements, like everyone getting attuned instead of 1 person, and possibly non-current raids no longer requiring attunement at all.  The release Phases themselves aren't 100% set in stone, there's still room to tweak them depending on community feedback. Fresh Classic servers (meaning starting at Phase 1 of Vanilla) may happen, but not until after launch. They did not mention fresh BC Classic servers, however (meaning new servers that you can start on when BC launches). Leatherworking Drums will be changed/nerfed as they feel too powerful and mandatory. The fact that the whole expansion is based on the final patch, 2.4.3 was reiterated, and it was chosen because they felt that was the best balance the expansion had. We hope it won't have similar adverse effects they way Vanilla Classic's class tuning did. The XP curve will also be as it was in 2.4.3. There will be other quality of life improvements that came either with the final patch or even beyond it, like mounts at level 30. Collector's Edition items from the original Burning Crusade will be given to accounts that have it in Classic as well. And here's the full interview, very helpfully marked with each question in the video timeline/progress bar!

• By Staff
      The Burning Crusade Classic will follow the same route Vanilla Classic did but with a twist, with a lot of the game being based off of the expansion's final patch.
      As talked about in many in panels and interviews, the approach to BC Classic is different than Vanilla Classic, with a new motto to replace "no changes". "Some changes" means that class balance will be based on patch 2.4.3 of BC, but the rest of the game's features might not. The developers talked about quality of life improvement changes from the final patch and beyond, but not everything will be taken from it - attunements will still be needed for current phase content for example, as well as both Paladin seals being availabe to both factions. The XP curve will also use the final patch changes instead of the BC start values.
      Luckily, the raid bosses themselves will actually be in their pre-nerf states (although we're unsure to what degree, as some were potentially impossible), so the difficulty should be significantly greater than in Vanilla Classic, where everything was much easier than the original, with more powerful classes due to the final patch tuning and some extremely nerfed bosses. 
      So the approach and "some changes" mantra seems like a good one, as each improvement/change is individually vetted and then added to the game if it fits and is a quality of life improvement. Not all details are clear yet as Blizzard are still deciding on what goes in and what doesn't.
    • By Staff
      In case you missed it in the giant pile of news coming out of BlizzConline, there's already a beta opt-in for the Burning Crusade Classic and you don't want to miss it! You can head on over to the game's page and scroll on down to the bottom to click the opt-in button.

Blizzard also mentioned there will not be a gold cap for charaters transfering from current Classic onto BC Classic realms in a interview with Blizzard Watch.
      And in case you were still fuzzy on some of the key issues, here's the official FAQ:
      FAQ (source)
      Do I need to purchase Burning Crusade Classic to play it? No. Access to Burning Crusade Classic is included in and available to all players with an active World of Warcraft subscription—no additional purchase required.
      Will I be able to level up blood elf or draenei characters in advance? Yes. Sometime before Burning Crusade Classic is released, the game client will be updated, and players who wish to level up a blood elf and draenei character up to level 60 can do so without restrictions.
      I have never played WoW Classic but I'm interested in Burning Crusade Classic. How can I join my friends? If you don’t have characters ready for the journey beyond the Dark Portal and are interested in adventuring in Outland with your friends, we will offer an optional Level-58 Character Boost service closer to the launch of Burning Crusade Classic. 
      This boost will not be usable on Classic Era realms or on the new blood elf or draenei races; in addition, players will be limited to boosting only one character per World of Warcraft account. Further details, including details around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date.
      Will Burning Crusade Classic support value-added services like Character Transfers?   Yes. Like in WoW Classic before it, Burning Crusade Classic will offer the Character Transfer service. We have no plans at this time to offer new services, but keep an eye on https://worldofwarcraft.com/news for future updates.   What will happen to my character if I choose to transfer it to an Era realm?   Characters transferred to an Era realm will not be able to progress past the Shadows of the Necropolis content update. They will not be able to level up past level 60, go to Outland, play as Blood elves or Draenei, or otherwise access any features available to players on Burning Crusade Classic Progression realms.   Can I transfer my character from a Progression Realm to an Era realm? No. Once the decision is made to leave a character on a Progression realm, you can no longer bring that character back to an Era realm. Choose wisely!
      Can I keep my character in an Era realm and a Progression realm at the same time?   Yes. We’re introducing a new character ‘clone’ service. You may purchase this service only once per WoW character. Once you do, that hero will be allowed to venture forth into Burning Crusade Classic while their copy continues their original adventure on a Classic Era realm. Please note that it is not possible to unlock a single WoW Classic character across multiple Era realms in this way.