FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
song

BF question and Weapon Choice

Hi

I have two questions - first one will be related to BF.

At Garrosh normal, I do stay on Garrosh while BF is active and had some grief that i would focus on Garrosh instead. I do understand why we drop adds to around % 50 however not really sure whether BF would have a huge impact on single target dps.

I don't claim it is a free cleave but not sure whether it is wrong to insist on using it.

Second question is that I do use 1.80 weapon on my off-hand as it was the best i have had for a while but now i have a second 2.6 weapon with lower ilvl. Do i need to keep off-hand till i get a higher dps weapon or switch to dual 2.6? ( i play combat with an ilvl 560)

thanks

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is with BF. If you're being told by a raid leader not to use it on Garrosh, then you probably shouldn't use it, unless you have a good reason to.

If your RL wants you to focus on single-targeting Garrosh, then it's a valid point. If you're trying to get adds down quickly, then it makes sense to use BF.

BF does reduce energy regen by 20% so, in that respect, you are going to do less single-target damage. The idea is that you do extra damage to adds which makes up for the lack of energy regen.

Loading myself into shadowcraft and speccing into combat (I'm assassination) I get 336k DPS. Switching on BF without any adds drops it down to 305k. However, adding just one add puts it up to 400k.

In my case, I'd end up doing about 10% less damage to Garrosh as a single-target, but lots more damage to the adds.

For weapons, I'll just copy what Icy Veins says;

As a Combat Rogue, you will always want to have a 2.6 speed weapon in your Main-hand slot.

In your Off-hand slot, you can use a Dagger or a 2.6 speed weapon (the latter being viable thanks to wow_icon_inv_weapon_shortblade_38.jpg Combat Potency).

as a combat rogue i dance between having BF on and off during the whole fight. during adds in first phase its almost always on. during second phase with MC's if they are close to boss i turn it on. just situation at best. as for weapon having a 2.6 wep in offhand will make Killing spree do more damage. but go with whatever has higher IL 

Hi - thanks guys . I did what you suggested yesterday actually. Kept BF up on and off and it worked well.

With regards to weapon choice, i'm aware you can have either but it was more like to see if there is a small dps difference then which one would be better so it is more clear now. Cheers

one difference is the 2.6 in both hands gives KS a little more damage but thats it. but most of the time BF and splash on the adds is fine shouldent be gettin grief over it. if your raid lead is having problem with it something is wrong.