FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
firminelf

Trinkets [ Ret ]z

Hi,

i know that thok's tail tip is better than fusion core when both are at the same ilvl. But, what about a warforget fusion core and a flex thok's tail? Which one is the best?

This is my armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/goldrinn/Firminelf/simple

I dont intend to switch my eye of galakras, but i don't know if i equip the warforged fusion core or flexible thok's tail tip.

thank you so much!

Edited by firminelf

Hi smile.png So your question is between Thok's Tail Tip, and Fusion-Fire Core. The Fusion-Fire core, to it's simplest, is an awful trinket, the strength proc is ok but that's only have of the trinket, and its primary proc, the cleave, is only great on 2 fights, Galakras and Spoils, and that's coupled with Thok's.

Thok's Tail Tip has the same str proc (at the same ilvl) as the Core, but it's primary is a huge stat boost. A base % increase to 3 different primary ret stats AND crit DAMAGE, makes it a huge dps increas when chosen over the core. 

tl;dr: Choose Thok's, its stat boosting ability makes it a clear cut winner.

That's true. In general, the only thing that fusion core does is a strong proc. In this case, the stat boost provided by thok's tail is much better than the additional  2k of str when it procs.

thank you so much

Edited by firminelf

Well, to add onto his question... Evil Eye, is that even worth it for Ret? I took one since ironically I was the only strength class in raid and I had poop trinkets for ret (I'm prot main spec), and it seems nice but it doesn't seem as good as it does on my arms warrior. Maybe I'm just not noticing the differences.

It decreases the time of your two best burst CDs, allowing you to Hammer of Wrath more often, and have empty GCDs. To add onto that, it has a good strength proc. Yea I'd say its a pretty good trinket. Auriel can give you the details of how great, but I think its considered second best in slot right now.

I was actually just considering this very thing.  Evil Eye of Galakras, coupled with Sanctified Wrath, empowers both of your main DPS cooldowns (AW and GoAK), and your tier 5 talent.  I would call this a huge gain to dps, as you burst more frequently and get higher overall dps.

• Like 1

The Eye, comparably, isn't as great for ret as it is for the other str, (especially warriors) BUT that doesn't stop it from being a great trinket, increased defensive cd use, so you take less damage during a raid and survive more easily, along with increased offensive cd use (using them more frequently) makes this for a best-in-slot trinket in many ways. The other two top bis trinkets would be Fusion-Fire Core (for aoe) and the top bis trinket being Thok's Tail Tip. FFC, for cleave fights, and the Thok's for the str proc and the increased crit damage and haste and master rating, making it a lot easier to hit the haste cap (both 40% and 50%)

With my 580 eye of galakras (50% cooldown reduction) I get

1. AW every 1 minute (with SW talent)

2. GoAK every 2 minutes

3. Divine Protection every 20 secs (can be uptime 50% of every fight)

4. Divine Shield every 100 secs.

It's an awesome trinket and you will love it on hc progression. More bubbles, more bubbles!

Edited by Astherion
  • Like 1

I can't wait for that trinket as prot (it has the same CD reductions). Divine Prot on a 20s CD with a 75% healing return... mmmm.....

• Like 1