FORUMS
Stan

WoW Classic Maximum Realm Capacity Increased: August 28th

nUGJ3LW.jpg

Blizzard is increasing the maximum number of players that can be simultaneously logged in and playing to decrease the long wait times that currently vex most servers. The hotfix will result in smaller queues on overcrowded realms and no queues on less-populated realms.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

With hotfixes that we are currently deploying to all WoW Classic realms, we are substantially increasing the number of players that can be simultaneously logged in and playing. We expect this to result in smaller queues for realms that have large queues, and some realms should no longer have queues at all.

We will closely monitor performance and stability throughout this process.

Thank you very much.

Finally. This should help keep some communities that came in together from splitting due to huge queues and some people already invested in leveling that did get in.

1 hour ago, PepperAmmy said:

i really want to give classic a try but the ques really put me off plus only 3 PvE servers that are all at max

NPgPVMJ.jpg
There's more than 3 bud.

1 hour ago, PepperAmmy said:

i really want to give classic a try but the ques really put me off plus only 3 PvE servers that are all at max

Wait for a bit more and give it a try. Some people with ADHD will quit before 30. The queues will be gone, and starting zones won't make you wish you were in STV with PVP enabled cause it would still be faster to level

I've found today to be much better once logged in, but still had a 2hr queue at 8am and another one at about 930pm... Hoping this increase will sort it tomorrow onward otherwise bye classic, aint nobody got time for this with work... 

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how this might affect the realm population indicators? Will a realm still marked as full still mark as full or might it now slip back to high population ect. On one hand i don't want them to give any reason for more people to join full/high realms, i also imagine the metric wouldn't function properly by their describing if it didn't adjust?

2 hours ago, Vallien said:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how this might affect the realm population indicators?

I'm not an insider so I don't know more than you do, but given that they adjusted the indicators yesterday to be absolute based on the current vs. maximum population for each server, my guess is that increasing the capacity will decrease the indicators (for example Full could become High), except for overcrowded servers where Full will stay Full but the queue size will decrease. I appreciate that they give it a try, but I hope it won't affect server stability.

I'm also worried about certain quests which already take forever to complete because 20 people are waiting for the same mobs to reappear. Personally I prefer waiting a bit in the queue and then enjoying the game, than entering immediately and then wasting time in the game. But then again the maximum queue length I had to endure was 52 minutes, which is pretty reasonable compared to the 3 or even 6 hours other players have been reporting. Plus if Blizzard increases layering at the same time they increase the capacity then the game play should be left unchanged - assuming the servers themselves can cope with the load. Fingers crossed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Staff
      While retail players are waiting for the Shadowlands version of the Scourge invasion, it's arriving to the Classic PTR right now! 
      Scourge Invasion (source)
      A little while ago, we enabled the Scourge Invasion on the Public Test Realm (PTR).
      This event was first released with original WoW patch 1.11, and will happen in WoW Classic concurrent with the release of the Naxxramas raid.
      The basic structure of this event is that Necropoleis appear in six different zones, with crystals spawning beneath, and undead spawning around those. Killing the undead allows you to combat the crystals, which in turn allows you to clear the necropolis and defend the zone.
      You’ll find scourge invasions marked on the World Map with a purple skull in:
      Eastern Plaguelands
      Burning Steppes
      Blasted Lands
      Tanaris
      Winterspring
      Azshara
      See you there!
    • By Staff
      As the Phase 6 Classic PTR continues, we now have some Naxxramas raid testing scheduled! This Thursday we get to try out 3 bosses in the Military Quarter, including the legendary Four Horsemen!
      Raid Testing (source)
      Tomorrow, Thursday, October 15, we will be begin our raid tests in Naxxramas, starting with the Military Quarter.
      2:00 p.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. EDT) to 6:00 p.m. PDT (9:00 p.m. EDT)
      Available Bosses:
      Instructor Razuvious Gothik the Harvester The Four Horsemen Known Issues:
      Gothik the Harvester’s encounter may fail to clean up properly after a wipe. This testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a test environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.
      Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
      A: To facilitate and expedite testing, there is an NPC named Johnny McWeaksauce that has taken up temporary residence at Light’s Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands. He will provide players with Naxxramas attunement and instant teleportation into the Naxxramas raid. Johnny’s brother Jimmy, can be found within the raid and will provide access to consumables and reagents.
      Q: Can I test with less than a full, content-ready raid?
      A: There will be a zone aura present within the raid that will provide players with a significant health and damage boost to help them overcome the challenges of Naxxramas. The intent of these raid tests is not to provide a challenge that perfectly matches what we expect players to experience when the raid goes live. The intent is to exercise boss mechanics and give us additional confidence that the raid encounters are behaving as expected. The hope is that even if you cannot muster a full 40-person raid to test with, or wish to form a pick-up-group on the PTR, you can still participate and make considerable progress within the dungeon if you so desire.
      Please use the in-game bug reporter to send us any bug reports or issues that you encounter while playtesting on the PTR. We appreciate you taking the time to test this content, and we look forward to your feedback.
    • By Staff
      It seems the update to PvP pools that removed non-existent characters has been delayed, due to a lot of player feedback on the issue.
      PvP pools (source)
      Following further review, we’ve decided to wait to address this issue. The change announced for this week will not be implemented.
      We’ll let you know as soon as we’ve developed a solution to the issue of non-existent characters being counted, that conforms with the great deal of feedback we’ve received.
      Thank you!

• By Starym
      We've seen some weird stuff lately, from Stockade speed runs, to DM Tribute solo speed runs, my personal favorite, the fastest death speed run, the 80 character multi-boxing max level speed run, and a lot more, but this one might just take the cake. However, it also might actually have some value to players, as the runs actually serve a very specific purpose: getting the right name for your Imp. Considering there are over 960 Imp name combinations and it's something that you'll be seeing a lot of in your entire playtime as a Warlock, many players have some preferred names.
      And so Dendo set out to perfect the fastest Imp name run in Classic, and may have just achieved that goal!
      There's also an interesting little tidbit from redditor PlayerSalt, in terms of unique Imp names:
      Source.
    • By Starym
      Most of us are probably used to Hunters pulling everything in sight (either from personal experience or the memes), but this one went and did the opposite! It seems to be the week of speed clears, from the AQ40 ones to the weird Stockade race that just spontaneously started , and now we have a pretty cool one as well. Zeroji has been trying to perfect the Dire Maul Tribute solo run, and is pretty close to it, if not done. There's also a really great moment at the end of the video when you realize he's apparently a Hunter in real life as well!
      In this 5 minute run he only kills 1 Wandering Eye that's patrolling and the 2 final bosses themselves, using some great tricks including an Invis potion, a lot of Feign Death, and some pet tricks on top of that, as well as knowing the layout perfectly. It's a really fun watch, even if you're not impressed by speed clears in general:

Source.