FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sagnuts

Totemic Recall weak auras

12.4k spirit and I was able to keep Healing rain down most of the fight, HST on cool down and spam chain heal. I was raid buffing to over 40% crit though so resurgence was a god send on this fight. 

It does heavily depend upon the number of healers you take, we 2-heal 10m Protectors HC and that really strains our mana :)

It does heavily depend upon the number of healers you take, we 2-heal 10m Protectors HC and that really strains our mana smile.png

This makes sense. I know for me the "learning" pulls I am usually not relaxed which leads to inefficient healing. On heroic sha, I felt mana starved between the dispels and using so many single target heals while trying to keep HR on the tanks. I'll be able to evaluate more accurately on future pulls

Just going over the information I screencapped over Thursday's raid, I was saving always over 50% of my mana bar on each fight. That's really a lot! For reference, it's 30-40% of the mana return Resurcence has been giving me.

Just going over the information I screencapped over Thursday's raid, I was saving always over 50% of my mana bar on each fight. That's really a lot! For reference, it's 30-40% of the mana return Resurcence has been giving me.

This is actually huge! how many people would say no to buffing resurgence by 30%?

Yeah exactly. On Galakras it was even more, I had the mana gained bars up on recount and in one lull I saw I'd got over 300k mana. In other words, an entire mana bar!  :o

How much of that mana regen is directly attributed to recalling? And are you doing the magma totem trick?

100% of it, I can see the percentage split of my mana gain in the Recount detail window, and I've only reported that part of the regen.

Yes, I'm doing the magma totem trick. That's what the weak aura I posted in P1 was for. It works really well :)

A small addition to Stoove's auras.

This is a HST recall aura which takes your haste level into consideration (dynamically) and tells you when the last tick occurred.

Note: HST ticks are affected by your latency and server lag, I allowed an extra 300ms beyond the allowed time for a tick to occur. It's possible that the tick will come later in some situations, though unlikely.

You can group it right with the other auras as it follows the same pattern. If you use it then you probably want to disable the original HST recall aura.

due(maGirLgfIOtHi5viv0SeLUfsfSlrr)IusnmeHJbGwMsONjQyAKsCnPszBiqQVHaHZHuHENsW8qGO7bq7dbsoOuXcLQ8qe0effUOOQncaFuczKsLCsLOvIOMPeCteWovs)erQHsk1srkEQWuv0vrkTveO8vsjzUivAVq)fjdMYHfzXsv9ys1Kj4YQ2mP4ZeA0sOoTKETuPA2aDBLA3e9BfgUeTCP8CqtNQRtY2b03rGQXJu15rO9JAeG4eJngcyiGtm8wvu8nCIHcEkF4FVM2h7Jr77uvwLIyaqccmuWt5d)7jXYJ9WawEqW10(4A3YHoQfm0vqFSPkUkCm0vqFSXWjwEm0vqFSXqxb9XMYjwEmoWlDmuYd8shdVUVag(W)EnTpUscmAFNQYQuKAu(wYhnmiiX4aV0XGWXUFYzRWqedF4FpjwECnhm0vqFSXqJsQ71HKKh4LEw286(qpTlZY2(qys8zzR4QWjmb93YYgCOA6ViAxMrw2Gdvt)RP9ZYgCOA6haGjryw2Gdvt)0KQcaamjcZYMWHEr0UmJSSjCOVM2plBch6aamjcZYMWHonPQaaatIWSSLzMzskMmBSXgBGd9eiBIQQaBaYgTYQxeTlZGK5wcMi(wUKAbMmBSXgBvnSjQQcSbiGSbhQM(lI2LzWwskW2(qys8SbiGSLBOD(cfOcAjabi9AUSLKcSjCOVM2NnabKTC76jWQuKTWBpTzBo8VZLnV4lzYSXgBSXgBSXMw1HQRysrtEc7uOav(1maSO7Z6(KKuSrNSbWULzolWgDGoWwhbb2YHeKydztqD28bBGj)sDImz2yJn2UuGjZgBSXgtMn2yJT2DvtYM3uFbM8LcyOGNcwEqW10(ypmoWlDigesAc0RZKQaPlIkpbl)6KI2vaSSWmpn5Zadf8uTVtvzvkI9WaQ6FGx6HsJMk9yqryNysf0siH5Jadf8ukz1XEOJb4ijGtmuWtjt7J9XOnapoXyRa9korhDmuWtjpW3W(yOGNcwEDShgk4P0btqi2ddy51XjgWQue84AoOJHoyccXjgWQue8yeD1HaDwrhDmAxSoKtILhJQ(qIrsqO61Hmbs5TQO4BqCIRaeNy4TQO4B4edNy5Xa6jxbXaQ6FGx6HsJMk9yqryNysfZo0mXqbpvvc8n4XEyCGx6ymh(3yav9pWlDTBxtLEmcTZxOagk5bEPJrs5dm8H)9Ky5XvaIHcEkLS6ypmuWt5d)7jXYJ9WqjRogLGjIVHogkP3QIIVHt0rhxxeNy4TQO4B4edNy5Xa6jxbXqjpWlDmskFGHcEQQe4BWJ9W4aV0Xyo8VXaQ6FGx6A3UMk9yeANVqbmuWtPKvh7Hbu1)aV0dLgnv6XGIWoXKkMDOzIHp8VNelpUUigk4P8H)9Ky5XEyOKvhJsWeX3qhdL0BvrX3Wjg(W)EsS846IOJoUMdoXWBvrX3WjgoXYJb0tUcIHsEGx6yKu(adf8uvjW3Gh7HXbEPJXC4FJbu1)aV01UDnv6Xi0oFHcyOKvhJsWeX3WqbpLswDShgqv)d8spuA0uPhdkc7etQy2HMjg(W)EsS84QwWqbpLp8VNelp2ddDf0hBQIRchdVUVa6yOKERkk(goXWh(3tILhx1c6OJRAbNy4TQO4B4edNy5Xa6jxbXqjpWlDmskFGHcEkF4FVM2h7HXbEPJXC4FJbu1)aV01UDnv6Xi0oFHcy4d)710(y01tGvPiBH3EAZ2C4FJHcEkLS6ypmGQ(h4LEO0OPspgue2jMuXSdntm8H)9Ky5X1CWqbpLp8VNelp2ddLS6yucMi(g6yOKERkk(goXWh(3tILhxZbD0X1UHtm8wvu8nCIHtS8yORG(yJHUc6JnLtS8yCGx6yiOAjVoKySigh4LogD9eOxmgqv)d8sx721uPhJq78fkGHUc6JngAusDVoKK8aV0ZYMx3h6PDzw22hctIplBfxfoHjO)ww2Gdvt)fr7YmYYgCOA6FnTFw2Gdvt)aamjcZYgCOA6NMuvaaGjryw2eo0lI2LzKLnHd910(zzt4qhaGjryw2eo0PjvfaayseMLny5bbxkKLTmZmtsXKzJn2ydCONaztuvfydq2Ovw9IODzgKm3sWeX3YLulWKzJn2yRQHnrvvGnabKn4q10Fr0Umd2ssb22hctINnabKTCdTZxOaL25PzjPZyjHuDLVtHCzljfydwEqWLcSbiGS1TfjHwwKnV4lzYSXgBSXgBSXg4qpbYgS8GGDLG(zdq2aiB0jB0kREuEqWUsq)Km3sWeX3YLuAnajbjwGjZgBSXgBSXgBGd9eiB6QwBw3NnazRO7Z6(KKulWKzJn2yJn2yJnWHEcKT(j4Nv9UVu6VbmbYgGST4cmz2yJn2yJn2ydCONaztE69zvV7SbiB6QwBw3Nn6KT(j4Nv9UVu6VbmbQ1WYdc2vc6FbMmBSXgBSXgBSXKzJn2yJn2yJTQg2KNEFw17oBeuSPvDO6kMu0KNWofkqLFnd28IVKjZgBSXgBSXgBSXgBS1URAs28M6lWKzJn2yJn2yJTlfyYSXgBSDPatMn2yJnMmBSXgBT7QMKnnjq4xGjFPatMjZKzYmzmoWlDigesAc0RZKQaPlIkpbl)6KI2vaSSWmpn5ZadOQ)bEPhknAQ0JbfHDIjvm7qZedDf0hBQIRchdVUVa6yOKERkk(gorhD0XiP8b2hJQagDftkAUEceKTfXiP71HeItmGEQ54eJ9HWK4XqR1aE6Xaousbmwk930K0pD7iiqAjKUA1tDVJQLG0LaxOMOBmusbiDjm5e4dc(IzUlZbdHbfCOKcypm2hctINYjwEmYtaspZJHWGAFimjESpgcdkDf0hBSpgWHskqPxCskpigeib93qhDmusVvffFdNy4d)7jXYJR5GHUc6JngAusDVoKKmZmZKumz2yJn2A3vnjBAsGWZKVuGjZKzYmzmGLheCnTpU2TCOJAbDmKQ9SvffFdIRe0yiuHLGjIl1hsmwk930K0pDxQpKq6gLheKkkoTtsQ5W)MMRNabXqFmafgeCj2hDmGySyMKiZCWaiUcqTaqsGoIa
Edited by lynx

At the expense of hijacking this thread, can I also request for some of the other WAs that people are using to generally track CDs, Procs etc? Anything to show me the status on my major CDs in a prominent fashion without having to look down all the way at the action bar and scan for their position would be helpful.

Something like the setup that Stoove was using in this old thread: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3974-your-restoration-setup/

I started out as Elemental and was using Elementarist add-on to help with CDs, rotation etc. I have now started playing my Shaman and I think Elementarist has some basic support for Resto as well but it is proving to be more of a distraction on the screen by suggesting things like HTT when I really want to be saving it for later in the fight.

Hi there!

I started a set of pages on my blog devoted to this topic, you can find the main page here. When I get time (and this is something I sincerely lack!) I will add in all my auras.

The Major Cooldowns section is in a dropdown menu near the top of the page.

I hope that's enough to get you started. smile.png

• Like 1

May I assume the mana return is also using the glyph?  One other question, can someone point me to or write a macro so I can stop clipping my Water totems?  I find myself during busy fights dropping MTT only to moments later drop HST and kill it.  I remember seeing something like what I am asking for to stop from killing your ele with a FTT but sadly I am not great at writing macros. 

Thanks!

Edited by Grahmrook

May I assume the mana return is also using the glyph?  One other question, can someone point me to or write a macro so I can stop clipping my Water totems?  I find myself during busy fights dropping MTT only to moments later drop HST and kill it.  I remember seeing something like what I am asking for to stop from killing your ele with a FTT but sadly I am not great at writing macros. 

Thanks!

Depending on your talent preferences, you can make it so that you're HTT or HST won't kill the MT. Totemic Persistence is a talent that I use pretty regularly for just this reason. It also makes for a great combo of HST and HTT. Just realize that it will not let you have two fire totems out and doesn't let you have two elementals out.

To maximize the mana returns you will need to glyph totemic recall. You would still come out ahead without the glyph using the WA that were shown in this thread but the glyph will maximize those returns.

Also, if you're using RSA (or similar add-on) it will post a message when MTT is dropped and when it fades into the raid chat (or another channel of your choosing) This can also help you be aware of which totems are active. I'm not a macro expert so i'm not sure how to macro that functionality.

Edited by CptDan

May I assume the mana return is also using the glyph?

With the glyph. If you don't glyph it, quarter the numbers I quoted. :)

One other question, can someone point me to or write a macro so I can stop clipping my Water totems?  I find myself during busy fights dropping MTT only to moments later drop HST and kill it.  I remember seeing something like what I am asking for to stop from killing your ele with a FTT but sadly I am not great at writing macros.

I'm not aware of any macro to do this, it sounds too much like a logical operation to me (which macros don't do properly AFAIK).

Persistence is my favourite solution to this, but generally being careful with your totem drops is a good alternative. :)

I saw these on the WoW forums and was wondering if there are the "Logical" format of which you speak:

#showtooltip Searing Totem
/targetenemy [noexists][noharm]
/cleartarget [noharm]
/tar Fire Elemental Totem
/cast [harm][noexists][mod:shift]Searing Totem
/targetlasttarget [help]

#showtooltip Magma Totem
/cleartarget [noharm]
/cast [harm][noexists][mod:shift]Magma Totem
/targetlasttarget [help]

If these do work (I have not tried them) could it be adapted to protect my water totems?

And yeah, a more practiced effort at not clipping them is of course the best solution. :)

I saw these on the WoW forums and was wondering if there are the "Logical" format of which you speak:

#showtooltip Searing Totem

/cleartarget [noharm]

/cast [harm][noexists][mod:shift]Searing Totem

/targetlasttarget [help]

#showtooltip Magma Totem

/cleartarget [noharm]

/cast [harm][noexists][mod:shift]Magma Totem

/targetlasttarget [help]

If these do work (I have not tried them) could it be adapted to protect my water totems?

And yeah, a more practiced effort at not clipping them is of course the best solution. smile.png

While i'm not a macro expert, I don't see anything in the macro text that would stop him from dropping a totem and destroying the previous one. It might be worth more testing. 

As far as clipping goes, You just need to be aware of which totems are down. I use elvui which isn't for everyone but it always shows me how many seconds are left on the active totem, this notification can be moved around to your heart's content to make sure its visible.