FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valhella69

Need the once over on my Frost Mage

Morning.

be as brutal as possible.

I feel that I am missing something either in my rotation (I try and

make sure i keep as close as possible to the one posted here on icyveins for frost mages) or my gear could be off a bit. or it is something as simple as low fps causing some type of dps lag (atm I have to use my laptop and avg 15fps in 25man, until i get my pc fixed sometime)

armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Valhella/advanced

Logs from last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0mii1qhbak5rsntr/details/50/

as i said be as brutal as needed.

regards,

My advice would be to log either Iron Juggernaut or Malkorok, if you have general dps concerns. I'm just going to go ahead and look at the final pull you made on Garrosh.

Invoker's Energy uptime is only 74.5%. This needs to be over 95%, always.

You wasted 2 Brain Freeze procs, those 2 instant Frostfire Bolts would've done some damage.

I can't tell how your Ice Lance usage matches with Fingers of Frost procs, since I'm assuming you used the glyph to make it multitarget, and you use the Glyph of Icy Veins. It LOOKS like you used a LOT of Ice Lances, more than Fingers of Frost procs, but on this fight, I can't really tell.

Frost Bomb isn't the most ideal bomb here. In phase 1, it's ok, but after that, it falls behind in terms of dps, as there aren't always many adds stacked together.

Only used Icy Veins once, this should be used nearly on cd, with slight delay allowed for burst phases, or to avoid wasting duration on a phase where you can't dps.

Only used Alter Time once, same thing as Icy Veins, use it on cd.

I'm sure there's more I missed, but Oltier and/or Akraen will probably come along and give you more information than I can.

since i dont know to read logs i check ur armory it seems fine except for green socket i would always go 80 int + 160 hit instead 160 haste + 160 int but well your choice =)

since i dont know to read logs i check ur armory it seems fine except for green socket i would always go 80 int + 160 hit instead 160 haste + 160 int but well your choice =)

That is very dependant. AMR will most of the times prefer other gems than those we suggest as a baseline in the guides providing the best optimisation to you.

That is very dependant. AMR will most of the times prefer other gems than those we suggest as a baseline in the guides providing the best optimisation to you.

lately i dont check what AMR says i check it by myself on dummy and reforge or regem what suits me best

this is my setup http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Zenedar/%C3%90ubre/advanced

Edited by Blackd

lately i dont check what AMR says i check it by myself on dummy and reforge or regem what suits me best

this is my setup http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Zenedar/%C3%90ubre/advanced

This is what AMR does for me. :) In fact all of this will go away in WoD.

Anyway, please keep this thread up for Vallhella69 and try not to go off-topic.

Use the weights in my guide on AMR and there will be no doubt in your mind which is the best way :P

Sometimes it's worth it to break a socket bonus or use a weird gem, because the math simply works out.