Raegna

From frost to fire

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

HI! I am new to this forum as a user but I have followed icy veins since I started playing wow...not so long ago ;)

My mage is my 1st character and the only one I actually play, I had some troubles as arcane so I turned fire and was getting decent numbers (as I was told). The thing is that I had to leave my guild cause noone was raiding seriously and I really want to get endame gear.

In my new guild GM made me turn to frost otherwise I would not raid with them, so I did, but my DPS as frost is not that good cause I just don´t like it, so I wanna go back into fire but 1st I wanted to check your opinions about my gear and tell me I with what I have is it viable to do it,,,cause this time I need to do LOTS of DPS in order to be allowed to remain a fire mage.

Here is a link to my gear and the suggestions askmrrobot made, do I follow them wisely or do you have something ot add in there??'

any tip will be gladly welcomed!

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/tyrande/raegnarok

The suggestions look pretty good. In my experience, 38% crit (basically where you'd be at if you set up the way they told you) isn't quite enough to do great dps. I can play all 3 mage specs pretty well, though I'm no world top player by any means, and I had issues with fire with that low of a crit rating. My advice, wait til you can reach 40% or higher with optimal fire setup.

The suggestions look pretty good. In my experience, 38% crit (basically where you'd be at if you set up the way they told you) isn't quite enough to do great dps. I can play all 3 mage specs pretty well, though I'm no world top player by any means, and I had issues with fire with that low of a crit rating. My advice, wait til you can reach 40% or higher with optimal fire setup.

Thanks for the response, I was wondering if that 38% buffed includes only Arcane Brilliance and/or Molten Armor?? cause if not then I would get an even higher crit rate, but of it doesn't, I guess I will have to wait a little bit more ;)

Thanks for the response, I was wondering if that 38% buffed includes only Arcane Brilliance and/or Molten Armor?? cause if not then I would get an even higher crit rate, but of it doesn't, I guess I will have to wait a little bit more wink.png

You can set what self and raid buffs it uses for you; looks like the default for Fire includes Molten Armor, so I think that 38% is fully buffed.

If you upgrade your remaining gear, you get to 39.5% crit, which is about the point where things smooth out (though last time I played my mage was 5.2, so trust the other guys more).  I would definitely get that second upgrade for the sword ASAP, though.  Spellpower is awesome for everybody.

You can set what self and raid buffs it uses for you; looks like the default for Fire includes Molten Armor, so I think that 38% is fully buffed.

If you upgrade your remaining gear, you get to 39.5% crit, which is about the point where things smooth out (though last time I played my mage was 5.2, so trust the other guys more).  I would definitely get that second upgrade for the sword ASAP, though.  Spellpower is awesome for everybody.

Yeah I need to upgrade everuthing but most of the stuff I got it this week and 1k valor point are not even close to upgrade them all (sadly hehe), I guess I will upgrade everything (and hopefully get some more normal SoO gear) and go fire.

Thanks!