FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tuskamoo

Question about dots as a Boomkin

I was just curious what was better to refresh my dots with the LMG or my trinket procs, I usually clip my weaker dots when i have the LMG up but i was just curious if it was better to have a high damage dot with trinkets or very quick dots with the LMG. Its obviously that if i have both up i should refresh but if i had to choose one wich should i choose to clip my dots with.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Tuskamoo/simple

Thanks in advance for any advice

It all depends on how much stronger the refreshed dots will be, the lmg just gives you 3 more ticks to the dots.

I use a combination of weakauras and affdots to keep track of my stats and dot strength, and refresh them when the new dots will be at least 20% stronger than the old ones.

i appreaciate the quick responce...i have weakauras for my trinkets and meta gem i was just curious about when i should but ill look into affdots. ty

If you're not sure when to refresh with what procs, download affdots and affdots balance plugin and test on a dummy. Or just play with affdots active in raid. Answers the questions for you so there's no more guessing. :)

If you're not sure when to refresh with what procs, download affdots and affdots balance plugin and test on a dummy. Or just play with affdots active in raid. Answers the questions for you so there's no more guessing. smile.png

Or just listen to Omnae's advice that I failed to fully read like a scrub and then respond to his post saying that you will give affdots a try literally 1 min before I post the above reply. :P