FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deafmetalman

Garrosh Woes...

Hello everyone. Our 10 man team (10 people from our 25 man who continue our regular run on a monday) is having real Garrosh troubles. Our biggest woe seems to be Empowered Whirling corruption, it gets us every time...

Now, this isn't a personal problem, I survive it every time, get my add down and help with others where appropriate... Yet, it still seems to wipe us every time. I'm just curious how you guys do it...

Keep in mind, this is normal, and obviously we have not yet killed him...

We've tried a few different things, our RL seems a little unsure. We've stacked then spread, then tried to kill adds, this seemed to get the poorest results. We're tried spreading before the Whirl went off, this also went poorly... I just don't know...

Here are some logs... 11 wipes, not sure how helpful it will be.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/id65maqom20fvj6s/

Thank you for any help you can offer. Not just from me, but my 10 man as well.

Edited by Deafmetalman

If your WW has a BM spec and one of your tanks has a DPS spec, I'd have the BM + someone tank and then in the end use the BM to kite the adds. Everyone spreads out, BM picks up adds and kites, no one kills adds at all.

If that can't be done, then spreading out and single targeting adds is your only option. If healers are having that much of an issue with damage, then try three healing. If three healing still cant get it done, tell people to use personals more. If that STILL doesnt get it done...idk. Garrosh isn't that hard of a fight, if all else fails you might want to look at replacing someone.

I can't check logs on my phone, but what raid cooldowns are you using for empowered whirling?

You should be using stuff like Tranquility and other big healing cooldowns here. Try to have 1 or 2 up for each empowered whirling and you should be ok. If you find you are using too many during the intermissions, then your raid needs to get better at having everyone pick up a golden orb.

In intermissions you use stuff like priest Barrier, AMZ, SLT, and for empowered whirling you bring out the healing throughput cooldowns like tranq, HTT, AG etc.

Make sure your raid spread 8 yards apart and every picks up an add. If they get too close together you can grip/taunt/stun to separate them.

Get your tanks to pull Garrosh far away from the ranged stack just before he does his Whirling corruption, then use some raidwalls and healing cooldowns for when the adds spawn as people will undoubtebly get hit by them spawning. Then get your healers and DPS to aggro one add as is spawns, take it away from the other adds and kill it and quickly get stacked again and continue to DPS Garrosh. Getting Empowered adds really isn't ideal and shouldn't happen at all!

Also bear in mind 11 wipes on Garrosh progression really isn't a lot! Try 2-healing it if you aren't already, the fight is very scripted and damage can be easily mitigated, it just takes time & communication. We killed him a few weeks ago after 35 attempts and now he's a 1-shot every week!

I wish you all the best, good luck!

You can dodge the shadow crashes, a lot of people don't realize that.  They're not the easiest to see, but they're there.  Once we started yelling at people to do that, damage intake went down significantly.

Where are you tanking him?  If at all possible, give dps the length of the room to work with rather than pinning them between the wall and increased damage from the whirl itself, or at least enough room to sidestep a shadowcrash.  (My group's strat has us rotating around the points of the circle in the middle of the room.)

It's certainly a sudden spike in difficulty, and once my group started dealing with it better we got our kill shortly thereafter.  We spread out but kept everyone within about a 20yd radius circle-ish of the ranged stackpoint going into it; even had melees with good defensives peel off and fetch adds rather than keeping on him, just to make sure they didn't kill healers.  If you have any dps with taunts, tell them to prioritize separating any that happen to get near each other, and stunlock any that get empowered.

Another thing of importance is to make sure no one runs waaaaay out with an add, because if they get MC'd away from the raid it's bad juju.  Once you've got your add down, get back in the group.  Melees that peel off Garrosh should also be careful not to charge into him if he's only got a few seconds left before the next desecrate, since he might put it on them.

It's a bunch of little, comp-dependent tricks that will get you through this.  Know your class, and use everything in your toolkit.  If you can get these guys down quickly enough, you're golden.

Thanks guys for all the responses. As far as I'm aware, we're doing majority of these things. I'll have to double check with the RL, but most of it is being done...

Wetty, what do you mean by "Getting Empowered adds really isn't ideal and shouldn't happen at all!"?... Does this mean we shouldn't be getting adds at all, whether it be because we shouldn't get so far into the phase to see the Empowered Whirling Corruption? Or, do you mean that we're managing the ability poorly, and because of something we're missing we're getting adds?

We've had many more attempts than 11, that was a single night. We're also 2 healing already.

Edited by Deafmetalman

Sorry, I wasn't too clear on what I meant! I mean the adds that do spawn, shouldn't be killed near another add and therefore becomes empowered! It shouldn't happen and can cause big issues if they are empowered!

You said you dance between the two markers? This tactic, absolutely fine on flex, but I find you lose way too much DPS constantly moving between markers. We dance between two markers for P1, then P2 we'll go to one of our previous markers and move towards the end of the room, the tanks don't have to move a lot and our DPS will put DoTs on the weapon instead of focus it completely! Then after the second transmission (when he has Empowered Whirling Corruption) we'll go to our 2nd marker (of P1) and move the opposite way around the room and ignore killing the weapon, we don't even DoT it. In Phase 3, get one of your tanks to kite the mobs around the room whilst your DPS focus the boss and execute him with bloodlust up. This phase doesn't last long at all, it's just important not to panic!

Edited by Wetty