FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Brickhaus

Yet another plea for help with DPS...

Good Afternoon folks,

Please add me to the list of Fury Warriors having a hard time with their dps.  I'm averaging anywhere between 170-180k dps, which just seems well below what I feel I should be doing.

Here is my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Brickhaus/simple

Here are the last 2 World of Logs for the nights I raided.  I'll be honest, I'm concerned as a whole, not individual fights, so I'm including the log for the whole nights we raided.

This is last nights attempts on Garrosh 25N:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ounjl4uoi04st1wu/

And this is the beginning of last weeks raid schedule.  This includes a few attempts on Norushen Heroic where my DPS was seriously lacking.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pmibxgzj2cbpi4a9/

Any insight you can give me would be appreciated.

As far as rotation goes, I try to spam RB, HS, and SB inside my CS as much as I can. BT outside of the window, RB only if I keep one stack for CS, and proc'd WS. If I get close to rage cap, I fire off a non procc'd WS.

I'll be honest, I need all the help I can get, if you see a slight uptick in dps on Garrosh it's because I started prepotting in an effort to help my dps.

Thanks in advance.

Brick.

Hey, just letting you know I'm going to look this up tomorrow afternoon after my classes. Had a crazy day tonight so couldn't find the time to look over your logs.

-rage

• Like 1

Hey, sorry for the longer than expected delay, had a crazy last few days. You gear looks fine, other than a few out of place pieces (namely your trinkets... Feather isn't as good as it was last tier, and the LFR EEoG is kinda undewhelming since it doesn't allow you to get Stormbolt within every CS as the Flex+ ones do). You are logged out as arms though, so I don't want to get too intense on the gear analysis.

Looking at the logs, I understand that you may be thinking your DPS as a whole is lacking, but I'm still going to focus on the Iron Juggernaut kill, because it's the one where it's easier for you to play as best as you can, and it's also much easier for me to analyse. 

In all honesty, your logs really don't look that bad. You seem to be using a decent amount of BTs, you wasted 1 CS (it's not ideal but I've seen much worse) and 2 RBs (once again ont perfect, but far from horrible).

You do seem to be using HS a lot and WS not nearly enough, remember to only use HS outside of CS to dump rage if WS isn't enough by itself. It's also hard for me to see through WoL if you manage your CS phases correctly (I can see that much more easily on warcraftlogs.com, if you get a chance to show me a log from there). If I had to take a wild guess, I,d say this is where you're losing DPS. Remember to always cast SB (if available), and at least 2 RBs and 4 HSs every CS.

Hope this helps, and sorry again for the delay,

-rage

Rage, 

Thanks so much for taking at look at these.  I actually had no idea we were also logging Warcraft logs too...  here's the link.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XRTpFqb2Zh3QH9Vf#fight=3

Let me know what you think.  My class leader asked me to switch over to Arms for the time being, which is why you saw me logged that way, but if I could iron out the issues with Fury, I would much rather play that way(as long as I can get it to do more damage)

Thanks, Rage, I appreciate the help.

Brick.

Alright, I switched all my gear out and logged back out in Fury gear/spec.  I realize the gemming is off, it's still tuned for Arms, but Once I figure out fury, they'll all go back to Crit gems.

Thanks again, lemme know when you get a chance to look over the Warcraftlogs I posted.

Thanks,

Brick.

Yeah, there's definitely a lot of gems/reforges you could switch, as right now you're quite a lot over hit and exp caps.

Thanks for the new logs too. I'm going to concentrate on your CS phases for it, since the WoL earlier allowed me to give you an overview of the rest already.

From what I see in there, my previous point still stands. You're using HS too much, and not necessarily at the right moments, and WS not enough. As a rule of thumb, during CS you want to cast HS 4-5 times on top of all your RBs-SBs-BTs, so you want to make sure you have enough (60+) rage before you head into a CS phase. You also don't want to use HS outside of CS, unless WS isn't enough to bleed off the excess rage.

Hope this helps you, and don't hesitate if anything was unclear or if you have any more questions,

-rage

Actually Rage, I have a bunch of questions:

1) how does my rotation change when I'm moving? The rotation is challenging enough stationary, what should I be doing different when moving around after bosses/NPCs.

2) What kind of marcos can I use?  specifically for cds...

3) I went ahead and regemmed/forged for Fury...using the guide here and AMR as guidelines...but here's my conundrum. On some fights, Arms is better/on others: Fury.  How can I effectively switch back and forth without having to regem/forge?

Thanks for your help, i'm implementing your suggestions as we speak

1) It doesn't. Melee have this advantage of having no cast times, so you can keep doing your normal rotation even on the move. If you have trouble doing so, you may want to switch your keybinds to allow you to do this more easily.

2) You don't really need any macros.If you're an engineer, you can probably macro your gloves tinker to your CS.

3) Since both your weapons have expertise on them you can't really be 100% optimal for both without switching around more of your gear. If you had an offhand weapon without Hit/Exp, you could reforge for Fury and just remove your offhand weapon when you need to go arms.