FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
jc2ntice

Resto druid 10m help pls

Hey guys... Sorry for my english..! Ive been a shammy healer throught out MOP expansion... Weve been doing 25m raids and now the guild broke up... Now we only have 10 people for raiding... Anyway, i think druids are far way better than shamans in 10m.. So now im tryna gear up my druid.. I have a few questions to ask:

1) im ooming almost every single fight... What can i do to be better at handling my spells.. Im currently sitting on 14000 spirit... Other players say its a bit too much... Im casting swiftmend and wildgrowth on cooldown, i try to keep my lifebloom up as much as i can...

2) im only ilvl 537 right now, im currently sitting on the 24.85% haste cap.. Which gives the wild growth more ticks when i have SOtF buff.. Is it worth taking it for 10m? Or is it better to stay on 21.43%? By doing the 21.43% i will loose my haste to get 1.77% of mastery and gain +679 on spell power.. What do you guys think is better...

Thanks guys sorry i cant provide any logs.. As all my logs are outdated...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/H%C3'>

Could you provide your armory at least?

As for the haste breakpoint you should be at what ever percentage the 3043 haste cap is until you can reach the 13k one.

Could you provide your armory at least?

As for the haste breakpoint you should be at what ever percentage the 3043 haste cap is until you can reach the 13k one.

Hi, thanks for the reply.. Ive tried linking my armory here, but it wont work... Anyone know why it wont show up??

And as for the haste caps... So your saying i should stay on 12.52% (3043) til i can reach 35.78% (12458)? And just stack mastery?

For your armory you just copy and paste into the text. What's your character name and server. (also eu, us, etc)

As for stats, stay at 3043 and then switch to 13163 (37.52%)

If you could get some logs ASAP, I can help you through your spell usage as well to see what's going on.

Personally, it depends on the player as to whether shamans or druids are better for 10Ms. TECHNICALLY, shamans are better with more people. But my raid team had a BEAST resto shaman who mostly kept up with my resto druid in Heroic 10Ms.

Stay at 3,043 until you have sufficient gear to reach 13,163 and not lose too much mastery.

After a breakpoint, just stack mastery as much as you can.

If you were to link your armory, (or at least tell me your character name and ream so I can look it up) I can give you a Mr. Robot profile to go off of.

Willgenberg@Frostmane EU

This is not my main character yet, as you can see i have no gems or proffesion running (skinning a bit) but im seeking forward on making this druid my main for WOD, so i want to learn a couple of things about druid for the future. I also watched ur guide for druid, about haste breakpoints, spirit, etc. I loved it, i just can't understand haste breakpoints yet, thanks

Haste breakpoint are going to change in WoD.  Not entierly sure how it will affect us, but we will see.

As it stands, when you read a specific value of haste, you will gain an extra "tick" of healing.  With our heal over time spells (rejuv is our main one) each time they heal, its called a "tick".

• Like 1

I knew about ticks xD. Anyway, i understand now, thank you very much for spending your time with me, thanks

On my resto druid I take the 6652 breakpoint for Wild Growth, as I'm not quite able to go for 13k without dropping more mastery than I'm comfortable with at the moment. I operate with about 12k spirit. This is really hard to judge without logs to look at. As you said, 14k is generally enough for most druids, which means there's other things at work that changing your haste breakpoint isn't going to fix.

PLEASE get us an armory link for context and some logs to look at.

Do you have your legendary meta gem? That proc saves you a ton of mana.

Are you using Incarnation or Soul of the Forest? A lot of people really like SotF, but I personally hate it because it's not dynamic enough. You pretty much always want to use it on WG for maximum effect, which doesn't allow great flexibility. I find having Tree Form to be superior to my playstyle. It's flexible. If something gets screwed up and you have to go into triage mode, you can pop that, bomb a few regrowths, bloom a shroom, and stabilize the raid quickly without having to use Tranq. Tree Form can also provide great sustained raid healing (especially if you start early) for very little mana using only LB and WG with frequent Omen of Clarity procs for Regrowth for single targets and your mastery proc. As a healer, I also just generally like having CDs over passive buffs.

Some other factors that will affect things... you may be casting Rejuvination too much, and may likely not be making the best use of your Wild Mushroom. You don't want to cast Rejuv on someone if they're only going to get healed by one tick before you go into overhealing. If Rejuv is the issue, you probably have very, very high overhealing from it. A little overhealing from Rejuv is good, because it charges your mushroom. A lot of it, though, is just wasted mana going down the drain.

Make sure you're using Glyph of Efflorescence and Glyph of the Sprouting Mushroom so you can place your Mushroom anywhere you want it and have your Efflorescence all the time.  Keep it down anywhere people are stacking for passive healing. Worst case scenario, you can almost always center it on the boss for the tanks and melee if everyone else is spread out. If there's a big hit going out, a fully charged Bloom can take most of your raid from 50% to 100% in one global (in 10-man, obviously less in 25-man). It's our most mana-efficient heal other than Tranq. Placing it is free, and popping it can get you over 2M healing for 16k mana.

Another major factor is the people you play with. If you're playing with a bunch of scrubs that are attracted to fire like insects to bright lights, you're going to have to spend way more healing than you should have to, costing more mana. A good example is Iron Juggernaut - my experience has been that flex usually involves more damage taken than normal mode, just because people in flex are usually bad. If you're playing with people just standing in Borer Drill or Mortar Cannon, call them out on it until they stop doing it, or simply let them die and explain to claim you couldn't heal through all the extra damage they were taking. Sometimes you have to condition the people you play with.

I actually like both SotF and Incarnation, i saw very good healers, druids using both, it's a bit strange no1 is using Treants, i love or better say loved them cuz of the efflorence that they pop but after reading more, it looks like they don't compare with SotF and Incarnation

Stay at 3,043 until you have sufficient gear to reach 13,163 and not lose too much mastery.

After a breakpoint, just stack mastery as much as you can.

If you were to link your armory, (or at least tell me your character name and ream so I can look it up) I can give you a Mr. Robot profile to go off of.

Can you explain why it is recommended to avoid the 6652 haste breakpoint?     Up until recently, most druids would go for the first breakpoint of 3043 as a priority.  Then to 6652 when their gear would accomodate it.   I always assumed that the 13163 breakpoint was unreachable, except for near heroic geared resto druids, without giving up too much spirit.   

Right now I'm hitting the 6652 and can reach 13163, but my guild is strickly 10 man Normal (very casual) and will probably never do heroic.    

The reason I ask is because I recently got an upgrade and when I go to askmrrobot to optimize, it's telling me to go back to 3043. 

My Armory:   http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/windrunner/Cyntaria/advanced

Thanks

Simply put, 6652 is a pretty big step up in haste (3609) that only gets you one extra tick on WG. Personally, I'd still go for it simply because of how much I use WG and how much of my healing it usually is. Our mastery scaling just isn't that great at 480 to 1%, IMO. As soon as you can make the 13163, though, do it. Getting an extra tick on Rejuv, WG (2 including 6652), and Tranq is fantastic.

Edited by Kazistrasz

I feel mastery is stronger than haste at that level rather than one extra tick.  You can do the 6k breakpoint if you want, but it can be prefrence.. It also depends how fast you want your cast times or how much haste you cant get rid of.

Its been my understanding that the general Resto druid community believe that these two breakpoints (3k and 13k) are the only meaningful HPS gains while 6k is only there if you have too much haste on your gear to get rid of.

The reason I ask is because I recently got an upgrade and when I go to askmrrobot to optimize, it's telling me to go back to 3043. 

This sentence is wrong.  Mr. Robot is not telling you do go to 3k.  You're telling Mr. Robot that you want 3k.  So all you need to do is go to "edit weights" and change the breakpoint you want.

That's what I've heard and read a lot. But, when I was playing with some different models I'd come up with in spreadsheet (reflecting different amounts of healing from conservative to intensive that lined up with my usual breakdowns in raid), they were all suggesting maximum output comes from reaching all the breakpoints regardless of how much mastery you give up.

I can see that changing MABYE at stupid astronomical haste levels due to the multiplicative relationship between mastery and haste, but the extra ticks just end up paying off.

With the current state of healing, things can go from fine to near wipe very, very quickly. Sometimes you save the tank or important person in the fight with a tenth of a second to spare. So, as you mentioned with the cast times, I find getting your stuff to happen faster is just too important when fights require reactions. We just finished H Paragons in 102 pulls over the last week, and there were many, MANY times throughout that where even at the 13k breakpoint I was just missing people by those fractions of a second when the bosses are swinging for 800k before CDs and shit.

Edited by Kazistrasz