FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Padlok

Quick question about gear - is it an upgrade?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Padlok/simple

Basically I'm trying to workout if the helm I recently acquired is an upgrade. Normally, I would use Mrobot but it's using some strange values.

It's dropping crit for haste when the default values are Mastery > Crit > Haste.

I can only surmise this is because of the PPM on BBoY.

Is this correct?

The helm I recently acquired was Flameslinger's Fiery Cowl heroic.

No it does that because of the bindings passive. Offset it by manually increasing crit's stat weight a few points.

Is there anyway to ignore that trinket in particular? Other than obviously picking another trinket altogether? Changing the values of haste/crit manually just fucks everything up.

http://imgur.com/a/Hs9SF I don't understand why AMR would say the top build is more optimal. It's clearly not.

Edited by Padlok

AMR is stoned. Always.

PBI is by far at all times your BIS, *if* you want to use AMR then you have to use the stat weights that you put in. No way around it. 

Personally, I never use AMR. I gem logically and reforge mastery>crit>haste using ReforgeLite.

AMR is stoned. Always.

PBI is by far at all times your BIS, *if* you want to use AMR then you have to use the stat weights that you put in. No way around it. 

Personally, I never use AMR. I gem logically and reforge mastery>crit>haste using ReforgeLite.

It seems the Purified Bindings of Immerseus is causing haste to be better than crit, despite haste having a lower weight. Looks like a bug.

Actually this seems to make sense. Purified Bindings of Immerseus gives you 8.51% more haste (so your new haste = your old haste * 108.51%), but only increases critical effect by 8.51% instead of giving you 8.51% more crit. So your critical chance stays the same, the difference being that instead of your crits hitting for 200% damage, they hit for 208.51% damage. This devalues crit when compared to mastery and haste.

Yep, those Amplify Trinkets straight up change your stat weights.  Crit gets the raw deal though, and its relative value doesn't go up as much.  Haste just gets 8% better, because you just get 8% more.  Crit however doesn't, since you don't get 8% more crit, you get 8% more crit damage which is not nearly as impressive.

So, the Amp trinkets can change the balance between stat weights.

Is AMR really stoned or is it completely right here.

Seems to make sense but no one follows that rule. I'll have to do more research.

Edited by Padlok

Who are you quoting to say PBI devalues Crit?  8.51% extra Crit damage is by no means devalued against anything, ESPECIALLY Warlocks.  8.51% is a FLAT GAIN for Chaos Bolt.  The Mastery gain is a FLAT GAIN for Chaos Bolt.  The Haste is what is largely devalued.  As you acquire more Haste, it begins to go under diminishing returns.  Crit and Mastery are linear in that every point they get, they go up the same amount.  If those quotes are coming from AMR, they CLEARLY have someone confused putting shit together over there because that is flat out WRONG.

PBI is a staple trinket - you won't be unequipping it until way into WoD unless they change the Amplification effect.