FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bacms

Am I getting this wrong?

Hi everyone,

I am a returning player to the game after having only played the campaign when the game originally came out. 

Because of this I have been leveling up my first seasonal character ever(wizard currently Paragon 100) but getting a bit lost. From the guides I am told to run rifts for gear as much as I can and to do this in hard since it means I will be fast.

But reading around the drop percentages I am wondering if this is correct at all. Shouldn't I be running this at the highest setting I can without dying? Also it seems bounties aren't really worth it until Torment II? I am still running the beginner build from this site as I am still missing most of the legendaries and so on required for specific builds 

8 hours ago, Bacms said:

Hi everyone,

I am a returning player to the game after having only played the campaign when the game originally came out. 

Because of this I have been leveling up my first seasonal character ever(wizard currently Paragon 100) but getting a bit lost. From the guides I am told to run rifts for gear as much as I can and to do this in hard since it means I will be fast.

But reading around the drop percentages I am wondering if this is correct at all. Shouldn't I be running this at the highest setting I can without dying? Also it seems bounties aren't really worth it until Torment II? I am still running the beginner build from this site as I am still missing most of the legendaries and so on required for specific builds 

If you are doing season, make sure to do the seasonal journey to get the set. 

After that, you should farm the highest difficulty you can oneshot trash on, and kill elites without dying, that should be around t6-7 with a 6 set bonus. Some of the guides are a bit old, hard is cakewalk in l70 yellows to the point you're better off at least t1, because you still kill them easy. 

I absolutely hate bounties as a solo, but you should do them for materials and recipes. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 3:06 PM, Yolo said:

If you are doing season, make sure to do the seasonal journey to get the set. 

After that, you should farm the highest difficulty you can oneshot trash on, and kill elites without dying, that should be around t6-7 with a 6 set bonus. Some of the guides are a bit old, hard is cakewalk in l70 yellows to the point you're better off at least t1, because you still kill them easy. 

I absolutely hate bounties as a solo, but you should do them for materials and recipes. 

This and I'd just add that the reason you want to do whatever difficulty allows you to one-shot trash is that speed far outweighs drop percentage when you're grinding rifts (at least once you are past T2).  Also, if you're grinding GRs you don't want to die and cost yourself a gem upgrade.  

If you compare the legendary drop% (https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Torment_(difficulty)) you can see that, beyond the jump from T1 to T2, as long as you're completing the rift twice as fast as on a harder difficulty you'll be getting more total drops at the lower (faster) difficulty.  

I usually only do the minimum bounty runs required to complete the Season Journey through Chapter 4 to get all of Haedrig's gifts (full set).  I don't farm bounties until I can do them at least at t13, preferably just wait till t16.  You don't really start eating up bounty materials until you're trying to upgrade your legendaries to ancient and at this point you should have the whole build complete.  

• Like 1