FORUMS
Stan

WoW Shadowlands Details: Max Level Cap 60, Concept Art

3Indv01.jpg

Here we have more information about WoW's forthcoming expansion. The level squish has been confirmed and will be reduced to level 50. We'll level up to 60 in the Shadowlands. Three versions of the game are available for pre-order starting today, and more.

For more details check out our BlizzCon 2019 Content Hub!

Blizzard LogoBlizzard

Sylvanas Windrunner has torn open the veil between Azeroth and the afterlife, jeopardizing the fragile balance between the realms of life and death. To ensure that the cosmic order is preserved, Azeroth’s champions must set out on a journey into the realms of the afterlife to deal with the consequences of Sylvanas’s actions.

World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands, the eighth expansion for Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game, sends players to the ultimate undiscovered frontier—the Shadowlands, an infinite plane where the souls of the dead go to be reborn, serve, do battle, or endure endless torment. There, Azeroth’s heroes must forge bonds with the powerful beings who hold dominion over the Shadowlands—among them some of the most iconic figures in the Warcraft® universe—and acquire the unearthly powers they need to uncover the extent of Sylvanas’s designs.

• EXPLORE THE REALM OF THE DEAD—For the first time in World of Warcraft, cross into the Shadowlands, a realm of infinite afterlives where wonders and horrors abound. Ride across the gleaming fields of Bastion, lose yourself among the gothic spires of Revendreth, confront the twisted visions of the Maw, and more.
  • PLEDGE YOURSELF TO A COVENANT AND SHAPE YOUR DESTINY—The Covenants who hold dominion over the zones introduced in Shadowlands are eager to recruit Azeroth’s champions. Each has unique story line and an array of powers they bestow upon those who pledge their cause. Choose between Bastion’s valiant Kyrian or Revendreth’s cunning Venthyr, fight for the mighty Necrolords of Maldraxxus, or seek renewal with the untamed Night Fae of Ardenweald.
  • TAKE ON THE BOUNDLESS CHALLENGE OF TORGHAST, TOWER OF THE DAMNED—The vilest souls in existence are damned to suffer eternal torment in this horrific, otherworldly prison. This everchanging, roguelike challenge is open to solo players and groups of up to five, and those who brave its trials will earn some of the afterlife’s worthiest rewards.
  • JOURNEY THROUGH A NEW LEVELING EXPERIENCE—Level up your next hero through a fully revamped 1–50 experience where every level is meaningful, then advance to the new level cap of 60 in the Shadowlands

Pre-purchase Options

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is available for pre-purchase digitally from the Blizzard Shop starting today, with three different options all designed with player preference in mind. The Base Edition of Shadowlands is available for $39.99 SRP, providing a new lower entry point compared to previous expansions. The Heroic Edition ($59.99) includes the expansion; a level-120 character boost; and the Ensorcelled Everwyrm mount, which provides access to a questline through which players can earn the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmogrification set. The Epic Edition ($79.99) includes the Anima Wyrmling pet; the Wraithchill cosmetic weapon effect; the Eternal Traveler’s Hearthstone, designed with a unique visual effect; and 30 days of game time, in addition to all of the contents from the Heroic Edition.

All bonuses from the Heroic and Epic Editions are unlocked immediately upon pre-purchase. In addition, pre-purchasing any edition of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands will open the ability for players to create pandaren and allied race Death Knights once the Visions of N’Zoth content update for the current expansion, Battle for Azeroth™, arrives in the coming months.

For more information on World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, visit www.worldofwarcraft.com.

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands will be available on or before December 31, 2020.

Features Trailer

Bastion Concept Art

Dun_Bastion_Archway_LiannaTai.jpgDun_Bastion_Hallway_LiannaTai.jpgChar_Bastion_KyrianArmor_ChrisChang.jpgChar_Bastion_KyrianHeavy_KelvinTan.jpgChar_Bastion_Steward_KelvinTan.jpgVisDev_Bastion_Postcard_JimmyLo_FXStreamsLayer_SarahCarmody.jpg

Cinematic Stills

Shadowlands_Cinematic01_4k.jpgShadowlands_Cinematic02_4k.jpgShadowlands_Cinematic03_4k.jpgShadowlands_Cinematic00_4k.jpg

Revendreth Concept Art

VisDev_Revendreth_Postcard_JimmyLo.jpgEnv_Revendreth_Concepts_GabeGonzalez.jpgChar_Revendreth_Dredger_ColeEastburn.jpgChar_Revendreth_FemaleGargoyle_JonMcConnell.jpgChar_Revendreth_FemaleVenthyr_JonMcConnell.jpgChar_Revendreth_Gargoyles_ThomasYip.jpgRevendreth_Keep.jpg

No Undead Druids either ?

But seriously, was expecting a new class too. Maybe DeathKnights being available to Allied Races and the Hong Kong Panda freedom fighter race is their idea of new classes ? 

22 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

Huh. no new classes and no new artifact

Neat

Do you want that bird to be our new class maybe?

Char_Bastion_Steward_KelvinTan.thumb.jpg

I think not. It's fine if the design team just let's their imagination free and do whatever they'd like to do with the world and - I quote - bring in new things only when they feel appropriate.

Just now, OxO said:

But seriously, was expecting a new class too. Maybe DeathKnights being available to Allied Races and the Hong Kong Panda freedom fighter race is their idea of new classes ? 

im really really hoping there is one announced at the wow panel!!!!

Need another caster or mail wearer so bad

World of Warcraft : Darksiders

Jokes apart, really hyped to see what the story on shadowlands will give us and how they could bring us to the void lords

eN9UMih.jpg

• Like 2

Says level squish in descript but expansion comes with a 120 boost? ?. Something I'm missing or did someone not do enough research.

The Heroic Edition ($59.99) includes the expansion; a level-120 character boost

Edited by Acronus

Just now, Acronus said:

Says level squish in descript but expansion comes with a 120 boost? ?. Something I'm missing or did someone not do enough research.

Awards from pré-order are for 8.3, so guess we'll have that 120 boost for 8.3 and will change to 50 boost for 9.0 (As 120 chars will turn 50 at shadowlands)

I just started levelling a new char, am i wasting my time doing that as the new cap will be 60?

Edited by RobNob

Uncommon Patron

Two main thoughts on this; firstly it sounds as if the 30 days gametime with the epic edition unlocks straight away, I would prefer if it didn't so Heroic for me if I buy.

Secondly, while I agree the level cap needed addressing, I think for new characters it will work well, for existing characters, well, past squishes of power have always damaged the inbetweeners i.e. I fear for my alts that are currently in their 70's or 90's. From past (and current) experience Blizzard tends to concentrate on end game/max level always and forgets about those still on the journey.

3 hours ago, RobNob said:

I just started levelling a new char, am i wasting my time doing that as the new cap will be 60?

Not at all. Now is kind of off-time in terms of end-game content, it is a great time to level alts, given you can get some bonuses. The level squish will likely come with equally increasing the amount of time to fill up your XP bar.

6 hours ago, RobNob said:

It's probably going to be close to a year...

On 11/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, OxO said:

Lore-wise could undead druids be a thing?

46 minutes ago, Balboarzynca said:

what about lvl boost after shadowlands? If I have 3 boost i have to use them before Shadowlands or they will be adjust to the shadowlands?  

The current Level 110 Boost will be the equivalent of a Level 50 Boost in the new expansion.

Actually, it's the "120" cap who scales to 50. Wich means 110 scales to another level (If my maths are good, should be like 45,8~, so guess 45). But anyway, boost actually changed to 120 on shop since shadowlands was announced. It's now 120 ?

https://eu.shop.battle.net/fr-fr/product/world-of-warcraft-service-level-120-character-boost

With the stat squish, how does that affect players like myself you farm old raid content for transmogs, mounts, etc?  Is there any indication how the squish will affect raid bosses?