FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aquaixii

Best off-tier piece for enhance

Hello,

I just started raiding again and my guild group is starting to dip their toes into heroics. We disbanned in October and this past week was our first week back, clearing 5-14 heroic. With access to heroic gear, i was wondering what the best off-tier piece would be. I'm assuming it will be shoulders, but wanted to get the correct answer from ya'll.

OK this isn't a definitive answer, but here's a good way of finding out:

I went to Ask Mr Robot and picked a generic character - Enhancement Shaman. Using the standard weights (which you can change to suit what you like) you can find the gear which is BiS according to those weights.

With the standard profile, AMR tells me that Warforged Precision Cutters are the best off-tier piece (Haste, Mastery).

You can tailor this advice to your build by manually changing the stat weights in the default profile.

Best Piece of gear to not be Tier is Shoulders, It has expertise on it, unlike the rest of the set which has haste / mastery 2 better stats for Enhancement. 

Hello,

I just started raiding again and my guild group is starting to dip their toes into heroics. We disbanned in October and this past week was our first week back, clearing 5-14 heroic. With access to heroic gear, i was wondering what the best off-tier piece would be. I'm assuming it will be shoulders, but wanted to get the correct answer from ya'll.

In my experience with most classes (my enhance spec uses what it has available, nothing close to BIS), the best off-set piece is sort of a fluid answer. I'm sure the answers above are probably correct however if you don't have all of the other BIS pieces then the best off-set may vary. Stoove's answer is going to be your most correct. Load your character in AMR and see what you have available realistically, then see which piece is your best option. I usually avoid BIS lists because the priorities change as you progress in gear. 

Ashling does seem to be on to something though because in my crap enhance set i have no issues with hit/exp caps and it's probably like 550ish. If you are working on heroics i'm sure you're light years ahead of me.

Just wondering, do you do much with SimC? You can also export a profile from AMR to that and run your sims.

Best Piece of gear to not be Tier is Shoulders, It has expertise on it, unlike the rest of the set which has haste / mastery 2 better stats for Enhancement. 

On the other hand, AMR can take this into account. If it can get more for you by taking that exp piece you could bet a lot of money on that being the correct answer. :)