FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hugepenance

HPS issues

Hello, I'm a disc priest just starting to get more serious about raiding. Im having a hard time figuring out why my hps is so low (60k-80k) while i see druids and shamans in the 100k's but dont have too much better gear than me.

Heres me armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lothar/Hugepenance/simple

What im really looking for is some pointers and tips. Maybe im just missing an important aspect of disc healing or something i dont know. Any help would be appreciated!

It really depends on a couple things 

1. Your gear vs other peoples gear.  Whats the difference in ilvl?
  2. Meta Gem + Cloak.   The legendary quest line does crazy things for each healer and can vastly improve healing or inflate them artificially depending on content.
  3. Type of content. LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic are all different, and I suppose in my opinion, anything that is not Heroic is trivial and healing wont matter much.  The lower on the content level you are, the less it really matters.
  4. Play style, you could be just playing wrong, but its really hard for us to tell without logs.

My suggestion to you, if you want serious and specific information for what you can do better, get some logs with examples of how other healing classes are beating you.  With logs we can see what you're doing healing wise, and maybe what the other healers are doing as well to see what needs to be changed.

As I mentioned before, the lower on the content difficulty you are, and the higher ilvl you are, the less healing means ANYTHING.  On my 574 resto druid I can 2 heal a 25 man garrosh flex run with a disc priest friend of mine in about 573.

We can easily 3-4 heal our 25m NORMAL garrosh kills.  My point is, the meters don't really matter unless you're WOEFULLY behind by a significant amount of TOTAL healing (not HPS).

Again, providing logs (from either World of Logs or Warcraft Logs) would be the number one step for you do get the best kind of help around.  Otherwise, the only information you're gonna get here is just general statements that can be found anywhere.

• Like 1

Ski instructor:

If you're disc and don't have L.Metagem

you're going to have a bad time.

Cloak doesn't matter as much for disc.  I use the dps cloak. 

And yeah get those logs up. 

Without logs the only help will be generic help to solidify a foundation for you to build on, some if not all of which you may be doing already.

Make sure you are switching out Glyphs and Talents as needed per fight.  I see you have Holy Fire glyphed at the moment.  That should definitely be switched out on most fights to Weakened Soul or even Binding Heal if you are a Flash Heal user (and replace Flash Heal w/ Binding Heal).  Another glyph you are missing is the Minor Glyph of Sha.  It removes the GCD aspect of that ability.  Carry plenty tomes on you to switch out as needed so you're not stuck w/ a talent or glyph that is not helpful on any particular fight.

As a jump in HPS, and you are not having issues keeping your tank up, make sure you are using Penance offensively instead of stacking Grace.  To that effect, make sure you have a way to track when your abilities come off CD, Penance, PoM, Spirit Shell, Holy Fire/Solace.  Using them on CD will make sure you are getting the most bang for your buck.  There are a few exceptions to every rule, but just as a place to start, using them on CD is helpful. Rapture will almost always give you a manafree cost to PWS if you are using it on Rapture CD, so a tracker for that will help as well.  Applying PWS to the tank will give you the best chance to proc it early and often. Same can be said w/ PoM targets, 99% of the time you'll want it on the tank for the first hit.

Twist of Fate is a great Talent.  Make sure you are tagging any of the many adds in any particular fight with something to keep your uptime as high as possible.  Using ArchAngel on CD w/ 5 stacks is something else you want you add to the CD tracker of your choice.  An uptime of 50% is good, but if you can keep its uptime above 60% (when applicable) you are an all-star

Using Angelic Bulwark is a lazy mans Desperate Prayer. lol   DP can be used after a Void Swap or mutliple times during the fight when needed before you're at 0 and proccing ABulwark.  Just be mindful of standing in fire and your health and you'll find a place to squeeze some of these end for some extra HPS.

Anyway.. this is all very broad and you may know all or most of it aside from the Glyph changes.  Look forward to seeing some Logs from ya.

GL

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback! I'm a new user to forums and didn't actually know about logs so i will definitely be uploading some soon. I'll be making some changes in my general rotation and CD usage and see how that worke for me.