FORUMS
Damien

Aegis of Valor Fist of the Heavens Crusader

This thread is for comments about our Aegis of Valor Fist of the Heavens Crusader build.

So I was curious about the stone gloves in the chest. I get the benefit of the armor it provides at the cost of movement speed. But wouldn't this slow down an already slow build with out the boots to negate the speed reduction ? I know surviability plays a huge part in rifts/grifts specially on the higher end, but at the same time so does speed.

5 hours ago, Lhoken said:

So I was curious about the stone gloves in the chest. I get the benefit of the armor it provides at the cost of movement speed. But wouldn't this slow down an already slow build with out the boots to negate the speed reduction ? I know surviability plays a huge part in rifts/grifts specially on the higher end, but at the same time so does speed.

Akarat's Champion should negate the movement impairing effect. 

Guest handsmahoney

I get 'animation locked' with the stone gauntlets, where even if I pop AC or SS, I'm locked into an animation for the duration (at least as far as SS is concerned) and wind up dying because I can't move

Permanent Akarat's Champion form is one of the goals of the build, and will negate the issues you're having with Stone Gauntlets. CDR spread across gear + Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac + Cpt. Crimson should be enough to get you to perma-Akarat's.

Guest Guesty McGuesterson

So why does this build focus Pig StickerPig Sticker at 1.5 attackspeed over DarklightDarklight at 1.4? Sure it's a bit slower, but wouldn't the potential 1000% to Fist be worth? Even for the chip damage it would do? I have both Ancient and I've been seeing some amazing numbers, my armour is suboptimal and I'm lacking the health to push overly scrupulous GRs but I'm working on it... Thoughts? Is it just for the "bonus stats" or is that 0.1 attackspeed that different? I've seen the current leaders with In-geomIn-geom and I can see how this would be amazing for speed... Thoughts?

Guest handsmahoney

I can only imagine I'm doing something wrong then, because even with >60% CDR and an obsidian ring, my Akarat's cooldown is still abysmally long and getting me killed

Guest Akanesh

You think that akanesh the 1-handed spear could be viable? it has the potential to roll 20% holy dmg, CD-reduction, %DMG and strength but it has an attack speed of 1,2. i dont know how to link it so if some1 could do that for me id be grateful

Guest Moker
On 11/28/2019 at 11:25 AM, Guest Guesty McGuesterson said:

So why does this build focus Pig StickerPig Sticker at 1.5 attackspeed over DarklightDarklight at 1.4? Sure it's a bit slower, but wouldn't the potential 1000% to Fist be worth? Even for the chip damage it would do? I have both Ancient and I've been seeing some amazing numbers, my armour is suboptimal and I'm lacking the health to push overly scrupulous GRs but I'm working on it... Thoughts? Is it just for the "bonus stats" or is that 0.1 attackspeed that different? I've seen the current leaders with In-geomIn-geom and I can see how this would be amazing for speed... Thoughts?

I was thinking hte same so i tried a GR90 with an Darklight and struggled to get it done.
Switched to the PigSticker and it was easy, had 8 mins left!
A friend did the same with an Ancient Datrklight and swapped it for a normal PigSticker. Even in that case the rift was MUCH easier.

Swapping the Stricken gem for Gogok of Swiftness made another BIG difference!!

Guest Grauplack

Under the gems, the justification for Zei's Stone of Vengeance looks like it was copied from a Monk Wave of Light build.

On 1/10/2021 at 9:48 AM, Guest Grauplack said:

Under the gems, the justification for Zei's Stone of Vengeance looks like it was copied from a Monk Wave of Light build.

Hey, thanks for the catch! It will be fixed in short order. The gem's recommendation is correct though, and its justification is pretty much the same - the long reach of Fist of the Heavens. 🙂

Guest Rinna

I hate this build LOL.  I hate standing still and Akarat's doesn't seem to mitigate the wait... and I die continuously.  There must be a better way.

There's certainly tankier / easier to wield builds out there that are very capable T16 / low GR farmers - say Condemn builds with either LoD or Akkhan will do the job just fine.

Also struggling with this build because of the Stone Gauntlets. With base 55% CDR and a level 25 Gogok, Akarat's is nowhere near having 100% uptime. Even if I swap out CoE for an Obsidian Ring, still nowhere close. Are you meant to do a small pack of enemies and then sit and wait until Akarat's is available again? Or is this build not viable until a certain CDR %, and if so, what is that number?

Edited by PiERiT

With Cooldown Reduction on every single piece that is able to roll it (Shoulders, Neck, Hands, both Rings, Weapon and Off-hand), the 12.5%CDR from the Flawless Royal Diamond, the 20% from Cpt. Crimson set, the 10% from Paragons, the 15% from the Fervor passive, the 15% from Gogok of Swiftness and the 10% from the Enchantress follower, you should be well over a 70% CDR point; at 77.6% CDR you will be at permanent uptime. That being said, I realize how annoying this can be to gear around, so you can temporarily play with Aquila Cuirass for example, as you perfect your gear towards that steep CDR goal.

Season 27 sanctified makes this build auto fire and using steed makes it rapid fire 😅. Very lazy farm on steed waiting enemies to die by itself. The visual effects are somewhat too much lights for me.

Uncommon Patron

This build is definitely NOT low-tier in Season 27. With the Fist of the Heavens Angelic Crucible applied, this is a speedrunner's "I Win" build at Torment 16 and beyond. 

Guest bob

This guide is all over the place.

For ex, it mentions both Bane of the Trapped and the Akarat's Awakening shield despite using neither.
It seems to have been copied from another build's guide, but without sufficient editing.
Or just hasn't been properly updated in several seasons.

Guest Crene

Please Fix The guide the Introduction page and the Gear, Gems, and Paragon Points page show two different Gear setups