FORUMS
Damien

Farming Legendaries and Set Items

Guest Poopsnacks

So the "Primal and Ancients only drop after completing a lvl 70 GR solo" is new thing or has it been so since Diablo 3 came out? I only ask because I've seen this alot from different sources. It concerns me mainly do to the fact I have never been able to solo a lvl 70 GR although I still get Ancient and P Ancient drops.

Guest Jewishman5000
On 12/19/2019 at 6:01 AM, Guest Poopsnacks said:

So the "Primal and Ancients only drop after completing a lvl 70 GR solo" is new thing or has it been so since Diablo 3 came out? I only ask because I've seen this alot from different sources. It concerns me mainly do to the fact I have never been able to solo a lvl 70 GR although I still get Ancient and P Ancient drops.

You just need to do a greater rift any one of them to trigger it 

Guest UmActually

This is incorrect. Primal Ancients (the red around the item box) only drop from doing a Level 70 Greater Rift (not Character Level, but equivalent to T-XV dificulty) during which you recieve one AUTOMATICALLY GUARANTEED. After that, they drop normally with a ratio that escapes me ACROSS ALL DIFFICULTIES (I got one while playing with a friend on T-VI). You just have higher chance of rolling a Primal Ancient if you get more legendary drops, hence higher levels being key.

Also, once you complete the objective ONCE it's unlocked for the remainder of that character's existence. Eventually a Seasonal character will become a regular character but you should still retain the Primal Ancient unlock though you will have to do a L70 GR solo to unlock Primal Ancients on future Seasonal characters.

3 hours ago, Guest UmActually said:

This is incorrect. Primal Ancients (the red around the item box) only drop from doing a Level 70 Greater Rift (not Character Level, but equivalent to T-XV dificulty) during which you recieve one AUTOMATICALLY GUARANTEED. After that, they drop normally with a ratio that escapes me ACROSS ALL DIFFICULTIES (I got one while playing with a friend on T-VI). You just have higher chance of rolling a Primal Ancient if you get more legendary drops, hence higher levels being key.

Also, once you complete the objective ONCE it's unlocked for the remainder of that character's existence. Eventually a Seasonal character will become a regular character but you should still retain the Primal Ancient unlock though you will have to do a L70 GR solo to unlock Primal Ancients on future Seasonal characters.

Your second paragraph is worded confusingly, though I think you mean it correctly. To clear this up for other readers:
You have to unlock Primals once per game mode. That is, once non-seasonal, after which it is automatically unlocked for all other non-seasonal characters as well; then again once per Season. Hardcore and Softcore are also separate, so you will have to unlock non-seasonal twice and seasonal twice per season, if you play all variations.
If you have unlocked primals in the season, but not in non-seasonal, you will still have the primals you found during the season, but they will NOT drop for that character after becoming a non-seasonal until they have again been unlocked.

The ratio is, I think, 10% of all uniques are Ancient, 10% of all Ancients are Primal.

Guest Arc

Note that Ancient and Primal Ancient items can also be produced via crafting (for instance, captain crimson's trimmings etc.); repeated creation (spending of resources + money)  can produce rarely Ancient or Primal Ancient variation of the item, but is still quite resource-friendly way to create a specific Ancient item.

Guest Zairyman.

Is the roland set also available on the diablo 3 reapers edition for the xbox 360 and ps3?

I found a nice trick to get Wizard set items. Create the best rare boots you can make.

Convert those to a Legendary in the cube, Get Extra set boots and convert those to the other set items you need.

From the 30 boots I converted I got 19 Set boots. (4 different sets)