FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Blackd

Spellsteal in SoO

As title said, on what bosses in siege of orgrimmar spellsteal is usefull/can be used?

Cheers

Edited by Blackd

earthshielded stuff on nazgrim heroic. 5% Damage buff on a bug on Paragons forgot his name..Nothing major anyway.

Edited by Microchaton

you can spellsteal rage of the empress from wind reavers on mantid side of spoils. though i'm not sure if it does anything, looked it up and saw this comment on wowhead "It has no effect on you or any friendly players around you if you spellsteal this. Sucks, but that would make mages far too good for the encounter."

could somebody confirm if that is true?

My raidleader was acutally giving me some shit about not stealing the buff, tried to find a source that could confirm they do nothing for players, remember I couldn`t but I`m sure off the same as Akraen, the damageboost does not affect us.

The same phase in the same fight do have a healing-buff, Residue, I try to pick those up!

Even though Rage of the Empress doesn't buff you, your tank and healers will appreciate it if you remove it from the mobs by spellstealing. Especially on heroic, where the extra damage from the bug can really hurt.

• Like 2

Even though Rage of the Empress doesn't buff you, your tank and healers will appreciate it if you remove it from the mobs by spellstealing. Especially on heroic, where the extra damage from the bug can really hurt.

We have healers do it, disrupts DPS less and makes the fight go faster.

You'd love being in one of my raids, I want mages to do as little as possible aside from DPS because it's just too hard for us to multitask like other classes.

Healers can purge stuff at a much lower mana cost than mages. Whenever you purge/steal as a mage it almost always means you'll need to mana gem, unless you're willing to loose more dps by evocating earlier (besides the dps loss due to gcd).

As arcane, purging is probably out of the question as mana cost is just too high. I don't even think that stealing earth shield warrants the cost for arcane.

Edited by lynx

Spellsteal "only" costs 7% mana for arcane, where the other specs use 21%. Yes, it is a minor dps loss, but I just like to use the few utility skills I have in my spellbook :)

After reading in this thread that it doesn't buff me in any way, I might reconsider, but if I'm faster than my healers at purging, I think I'd rather spend the mana and global to do it than having it up for a few more seconds.

Little off topic, since it's not in SoO. But if you kill Xuen Celestial you can spellsteal "haste" buff.. :P Have fun 0,2sec FBs..xD

• Like 1

Little off topic, since it's not in SoO. But if you kill Xuen Celestial you can spellsteal "haste" buff.. tongue.png Have fun 0,2sec FBs..xD

Yeah, I tried it and it was crazy fun! And the bomb ticking like mad as well as proccing BF non stop. biggrin.png

Little off topic, since it's not in SoO. But if you kill Xuen Celestial you can spellsteal "haste" buff.. tongue.png Have fun 0,2sec FBs..xD

ye 300% haste buff

insane =)

Interesting, so that buff on the mantid side really doesnt do anything for us? my RL is all over me and the other mage to spellsteal it, so much so we have to stay on mantid side full time lol.