FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mervinrasquinha

Why was Diablo 3 considered a failure?

i was in no way a large diablo fan, neither 2 or three. i like each games but i see it very casually.i'm curious but, with the aid of the more extensive critics and analyzers, why is diablo three 1) considered a failure and 2) in what way is it worse than diablo 2?whatsapp web 192.168.0.1 routerlogin

Edited by mervinrasquinha

The game was very different on launch from what it is today - the initial release had no adventure mode, no crusader/necromancer, no rifts, no bounties, etc.

On top of this, in terms of D2, players felt that the "horror" aspects of the game had disappeared and it no longer had that scary feel to it, whether because of the visuals, the music, whatever. People thought itemization etc. was dumbed down, that the game itself was just too simple, and yeah.

Personally, I like the current iteration of it, and really enjoy Diablo 3 with all the improvements they have made since launch, but upon launch, it was a pretty meh game.

Yep I remember the endgame gear farm was basically putting on +gold gear and smashing pots in the levels before the skeleton king. So you'd have gold to buy a Yellow item (which were better than legendaries for some reason) off the AH.

Edited by okwald1

The Real Money Auction House warped the balance of the game. Drop rates were low and items were weak. They balanced the game to make it intentionally grindy to make people spend money to get better gear so they could make progress.

Bots and gold sellers dominated the chat because you could trade anything anytime.

Rares (yellows) were more powerful than legendaries because they had more properties. This made legendaries basically pointless.

There was no real endgame (adventure mode, bounties, rifts, challenge rifts, all of that came later).

I'm a huge Diablo fan, I played D2 for years. I stopped playing D3 after a few months and only came back to the game a few weeks ago. It's worlds better now.