FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ancuncha

How good is the set bonus?

Hi, i wonder if any1 can help me out

I'm currently wearing the lfr tier 4 set (except the legs from celestials)i have a few pieces of 553 non set

I'm having a terrible bad luck streak at gearing and given the large difference in stats between lfr and normal is it worth loosing the set bonus, either or both 2pc/4pc?

I'm currently 2hd 553, but i have a 1hd 553 from nourshen and the lfr one from Siegecrafter Blackfuse. I wanted to go DW a while now, so is it worth me changing to DW yet or should i wait till i get at least a flexi weapon?

Armory link

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Ulama/simple

any advise would be helpful, thanks

The 2pc is weaker for 2h than it is for DW, but it's still decent. and the 4pc provides about a 20k dps boost every time you use pillar of frost. 25% uptime +/- means you get a 5k dps boost overall. But there's also a very large stat difference between 528 and 553 gear.

If we crunch some numbers. if you were to upgrade your chest from 528 to 553 based on the same stats, but non tier you'd be looking at gaining 472 str, 297 haste, 241 mastery. doing some rough math with stat weights and you'd be gaining roughly 2.5-3k dps from stats. So if you were to break your 4pc for only the chest, it would be a dps loss. However if we assume roughly the same dps increase for shoulders then you could break your 4pc bonus for both your chest and shoulders and probably come out a little bit ahead, but really not that much.

That also isn't figuring for better itemized gear. If you have a chest or shoulders with crit on them instead of mastery then you'd be gaining a lot more dps than the 2.5-3k I estimated above, but in general the same logic applies.

Eventually you'll want full normal tier though if you can get it. the tier pieces are BiS for all DK dps specs.

So, it is an increase, perhaps not huge but it is smile.png

Tier set is my goal to get in normal, but having 2 druids and another dk in group sharing tokens is a pain, still if the chest drops again it's mine biggrin.png  

it's a little out of frustration i want to change gear around a bit, not had anything except the neck in over 2 months (that was from flex to normal). So i've not had any meaningful improvement to my dps in a while and the rest of the group is pulling ahead all the time 

You have mastery on almost every piece of gear which is much better for DW than 2h, so you probably would see a decent increase from switching to DW even with one of your weapons being LFR.

Going to half agree with storm, your gear is a nice set up for DW (dem WF legs) but weapon damage is so critical for dps that I think you'd do better with 2h....LFR siegecrafter wep isn't as bad as say the Malkorok axe, but the stats and damage are just so low.

I'd also drop 4pc if it meant going from even 540 to 553,  I wouldn't suggest you try to drop 2pc though only if you get some WF nonset pieces would it be worth doing a dummy test to see which one is more dmg.

I think you might have looked at my tank set that i just got together, the WF legs i actually got 4 pairs from ordos wacko.png and the tier legs from celestials

i got a bit lucky with some wf shoulders this week which helps a lot

I'm finding after trying out DW that i'm a bit behind single target and ahead on aoe, but i think if i can get my damn fingers to forget 2hd style that i will be doing better all around dmg

So, i'm glad i switched smile.png  

I did see the tankset yesterday yep.  I also prefer the DW playstyle and stuck with it even with bad weapons, so I'm glad you joined the cool DW team and left those dummy dumb 2h lamers.

I'm sure you know that DW is all about mastery, so t16 legs should not be used if you can avoid it, but the stacking mastery for DW is so good it would be 'ok" to use them even though they have crit if you needed 2pc bonus.  Good luck with loot and have fun Howling Blast.