FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Veox

Resto druid help

This is unlikely to be the answer you're looking for, but someone has to say it every once in a while: You should go with whatever cap works best for you and your raid team. There is no be-all, end-all answer.

Why do you feel the need to change your caps?

I just heard I should go 13163 after I've got good gear, so i thought it was about time.. :) spirit cap i guess that's up to me :), i'll prob go 14k spirit.. 

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/fe0c268c-e5a8-47be-b14e-97723f663e58

What i would l recommend is slowly bringing down your spirit using these weights to allow you to get more mastery.

If you could itemize your gear better, that would help a little too. (i.e. get rid of crit gear, get more pieces with haste on it)

Sorry if I wasn't very helpful before, I sometimes get a little annoyed by people obsessing over stats (especially as a healer).
However your question is entirely fair. And you certainly have enough mastery to shoot for the 13.163 haste cap, in which case I agree that about 14.000 spirit should be enough. It's a pretty comfortable spot. 

Try it out in a raid setting to see how it works for you. Generally the less liable your raid team is to take unnecessary damage, the more spirit you can substitute for haste/mastery.

• Like 1

Sorry if I wasn't very helpful before, I sometimes get a little annoyed by people obsessing over stats (especially as a healer).

I want to comment on this.  A lot of times I just help people with stats and be done with it, never worry about their rotation. Its usually because thats what they ask for, but I never really initiate the whole rotation part which is WAY MORE important.

I'll try to make an effort to talk about it more

I think that goes for all of us, Krazyito. Stats, and giving advice about stats, very often become the easy solution to improve someone's game play. It makes sense, because sometimes it is indeed an easy fix. And helping people with their rotation is a hell of a lot more complicated than saying "here, try out these weights".

I once co-healed with a holy paladin who had decided to stack crit like crazy. It was working fine most of the time (she was wrecking the meters on some fights), but sometimes we lost a tank, or a major CD we were saving for later, simply because my co-healer had a long string of casts that didn't crit'ing at a crucial moment. In the end she made the switch to haste/mastery and it worked wonders.

On the other hand, I once co-healed with a holy priest who stacked crit and haste extensively. I thought she was crazy for not stacking mastery, until I realized that she was very really casting any hard cast heals. She had adapted her stats to suit her play style and it was paying off in every way.  

Setting up your stats in a way that suits you is critical to top of the line healing, but you've got to have everything else working too, for it to really make an impact. That's why great players are, in my opinion, allowed to obsess all they want over their stats. In fact that's not an obsession, just sensible gaming. However when less skilled players, or someone who's trying to learn the ropes of a new class/spec, focus too much on stats they risk blinding themselves to the finer subtleties of their class,

To some degree this can be offset by optimizing gear and stats. In lfr/flex or on farm bosses, these healers might wreck every meter there is, but if you're on progression or trying out hardcore, they will get pummeled and not realize that it is because they've always played with a lot of small mistakes.

Okay, time to stop rambling. Optimizing your stats is great and you should do it. Just be mindful that there is no one way to set them up. It varies depending on your play style, your fellow healers and the encounter in question. Also if there is a problem, be aware that it most likely goes deeper than just stats - it's the way your stats interact with your play style that matters.

Of course you both know this and that's why I felt the need to apologize for my original answer. Veox' question was completely reasonable, and Krazyito answered it perfectly. That being said, I'm glad if I reminded you to sometimes talk a bit more about people's rotation. Which, by the way, I think you do a pretty good job of as it is.