FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Terris

Challende mode Gold preparation as a Tank

Hello,

I'm going to start challenge modes very soon once the groupe is setup, as a Protection warrior.

I'm a 562 war with Malkorok and Protectors trinkets.

I was wondering, if i should get lwoer lvl trinkets that could be more useful?
ALso any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Most of the SoO trinkets won't be terribly useful due to scaling. The Relic of Niuzao from the Darkmoon Faire is really strong. The on use will give you good damage. It will also scale not as badly due to its lower ilvl. Trinkets don't really matter as much as you might think. Any gear you bring in is going to get downscaled and hard, so bring in whatever you feel comfortable with.

Whether or not you take Shockwave will really depend on your group. If you have groupmates who have AoE stuns and are good about using them, then Shockwave is a waste of damage. If not, it can be quite useful. Tank damage in CMs matters immensely and more so on the trash.

Self heals are very important. Second Wind will not save you. Impending Victory is nice because of its more frequent heals, but it costs rage. Enraged Regen is great for having no cost and it puts out more healing in one use. They are the same healing per minute.

You're not going to have much use for Safeguard or Vig. There are a FEW exceptions, but for the most part, you'll be the only one taking heavy predictable damage. Mass Spell Reflection can be a life saver, though. Not so much for reflecting damage from the group, but just any high damaging cast. It helps both your damage intake and output.

Disrupting Shout. The recent nerf is AIDS, but it's still a very good talent.

Make sure you're making good use of Hold the Line, Heavy Repercussions, and Incite. You also need to make sure you're using your CDs well, both damage and defensive. You should have some sort of CD for pretty much every trash pull. If you don't, call for one from your healer or DPS. Download Hermes so you can see what's available.

Watch your feet.

• Like 1

Disrupting Shout. The recent nerf is AIDS, but it's still a very good talent.

I laughed at this, but then checked my hotkey and you're right, literally AIDS. Makes the talent just as niche (read: often useless in PVE) as the rest of that shitty tier.