FORUMS
VegaPl

Warcraft III Reforged section on Icy Veins

Hey admins, a quick but crucial question.

Do you guys plan to open up a new section of the site, for W3 specifically? I'd expect some content could find its place there, such as builds, tactics and other news. W3 seems to be a hot topic right now, people are hyped, myself included.

If you haven't considered it, please give it a thought ?

I'm hyper hyped about it too ? reminds me of my old semi-pro days when I traveled  the world to play on tournaments after winning national qualifiers.

Nowadays things are less national-based and more international, which is good for the global game quality in world finals but less engaging on a country level, as nations such as Russia (Happy, Hawk etc) / Ukraine (Foggy etc) / Germany (Spiral etc) / Sweden (Thorzain, Starshaped etc) and of course, South Korea (too many to count) and China (also too many to count) are on a completely different level from everyone else and will make up for the vast majority of any tournament.

But that also incentives everyone else to get better, of course!

Regardless, we have https://warcraft3.info/ for articles (including some strategy here and there like the recent Lyn mass Kodo Beast vs Human article) and Back 2 Warcraft who are constantly pumping out casts for most tournaments, Neo and Remo are basically Tasteless and Artosis for WC3 at this point ? there are also some tournament / league focused websites.

Finally, and sorry for all the roundabout on getting to your question, Icy Veins had a SC2 section for some time in the past, where Wardii wrote about quite a few Terran build orders / strategies in depth, but views were extremely poor and it made the section unsustainable for the writer, as revenue is shared around here. Its difficult to say if WC3 would perform any better, as RTS tend to rely more on relentless practice and mechanics than deep strategy knowledge.

It is just much easier to grab a replay or VOD and copy Happy's everyday build than it is to execute it like him, which is something no guide can help you with ?

• Like 1

Although a WC3 section was planned for a while, there is not going to be one on Icy Veins, at least for the time being. The awful launch affirmed this decision. 

Guys, perhaps some of you can help me out. Do you know if I will be able to buy an edition with an actual CD in it? I've been struggling to get a yes/no info in the Internet. I'm from Poland, in case it matters in any way.

Thanks in advance!

Beyond the launch issues, our Starcraft 2 guides never found real success, so I don't think Warcraft 3 Reforged can bring enough traffic to be worth it for a writer to write about it.

• Like 1