FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Laslowz23

Heroic Norushen

Good Morning everyone!

I just have a few question on the heroic Norushen encounter. My raid team (25 man) has just progressed thru onto Heroic Norushen and last night we seemed like we had trouble with the test realm aspect of the encounter. We just could not figure out the best blend of who to send down, and how many people at once. I heard its even viable to not send anyone down other then tanks and heals to spawn less adds/zerg boss boss. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, currently we are running this fight with 4 heals who hold up nicely if nobody messes up. Thank you!

They nerfed the zerg strat and AFAIK it is no longer viable. In my group, everyone is sent down once. One tank and several DPS go down, then the other tank and some DPS. The big point is to have the second set of DPS soak the adds from the first set's add spawns. If you have misdirects, tricks, etc then the number of add spawns at one time shouldn't really be a big deal. They really don't hit too terribly hard and as long as people pick up the orbs they drop, then everything should be fine.

• Like 1

As long as the big adds are phased enough such that tanks can get aggro on them, you should be fine. In the off-chance that too many big adds spawn at the same time, have some knockbacks / stuns ready to give some buffer time for the tanks to pick them up. This is still a hard dps check on progression, so I don't think the zerg strategy would work if you have just progressed to them.

• Like 2

2 cents. Not sure what your makeup is but we run two disc priest in our 25HM and we send them down on the pull.  They pop Mindbender and Atonement down the add the quickest of the healers we have to offer.  That gets them back up quickest, without spawning anything, and ready to help hit orbs if needed and provide a buff to dps and hps.  We also use raid cd's when we have to change stackpoints because of the cutter beam.

Edited by Gwenymph

We send down 4 dps first, then as they come out the next group goes down after they soak orbs from the previous group until all dps have gone down once. Offtank goes down as needed to help soak since there's more than enough orbs, generally healers just stay up.

A geared/competent Resto Druid is INVALUABLE on this fight, especially if you get them cleansed ASAP, the outright power of their blanket HoT's (when cleansed) is incredible, and can take a TON of pressure off the rest of the group as far as healing is concerned.