FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stingyring

25m Rdruid Trinket choice

I recently got the heroic nazgrim trinket and I was wondering if it's better than a normal upgraded thok trinket?

I was looking on logs and I can't tell how much the Nazgrim trink procs, but the cleave from my Thok trinket is around 10% of my total healing

Could you link logs?  That would help us.

Another thing is, Are you 10 or 25?  What fight are you progressing on?  What kind of strats do you use?

Basically, Nazgrim = very prolonged spread out fights while Thoks = stacked up for any kind of burst healing.

Hey, Stingyring.

I'll just start by saying that for resto druids, the multistrike trink from nazgrim is total crap, i've been testing it out on alot of fights and its just dont give the numbers. For a 25man, i'd say deff use the cleave trink on every fight, even when i heal in a 10man scenario, the cleave trink will heal about 6-7% on non-stacked fights, should be higher as 25man.

Your best combo of trinks, assuming you're not mana starved is the amp trink from sha and the cleave trink from thok.

I'd also like to say that the multistrike trinket has about 17%(on hc) chance to proc healing Worth 33% of the original amount, while the cleave trinket on hc, has almost a 4% chance to up to 5 targets for 100% of the original healing. So let say you use a Instant healing touch from the set bonus to top off someone at around 70% hp, let say it heals for 30% of their total Health, then that leaves them at 100%, if the multistrike trink proc here, its all wasted overheal, but if u instead had the cleavetrinket on and it had proc'd here, it would give that 30% healing to 5 nearby targets, even through alot of it would overheal, its still better than having it all overheal + it gives ur single target heals a chance to be aoe in addition.

As i mentioned on the top here, even on my 10man raid, its usually around 6-7% on spread out fights, on stacked fights, such as norushen and thok its closing in on 15-17% healing which is really good for a trinket. Also to mention that this healing got a pretty wide area, so if there's any raid dmg going on at all, the healing is never wasted.

I hope this clears it up, i am not saying that this is the case 100% of the time or even theoretically, but its from personal experience and also what i've heard from other high end resto druids.

• Like 1

I highly disagree with the post above me about Thok/Burnished insigna in 10man (in 25 there is no doubt the cleave trinket will be stronger) :

I'll take the numbers from both 574 trinket,

first the insigna is RPPM when thok has an icd (I don't know if it's the same proc pattern than the amp, but mine is always wasting it first proc when i'm preparing my mushroom which is annoying, I usually don't have it during the pull)

Then, you have a 17.0% chance of multistrike (=up to 5.666... of you heals) against 3.78% chance of cleave, which means much more variance from thok's trinket, but you're right in a perfect world where there is no overhealing, and at least 6 mates are stacked the cleave is much more stronger, it gives you up to 18.9% of your healing. But due to the nature of the cleave, thok's trinket is much more prone to overhealing, you don't choose (as you do with the multistrike) on which mate it'll proc, and the probability it cleaves when you need is lower than the probability it multistrikes when you need because of the low/high occurrence of the cleave/multistrike.

To conclude, on norushen, or thok, the cleave trinket really shines even in 10 man, but on the other fight i would recommand to use the insigna if you don't have any mana issues. My thoughts are probably biased because of my aversion for randomness and high variance, but I think the rdrood is probably the best class to use the insigna (with the hpriest maybe) due to the very high amount of "low" ticks which straighten the procs rng (even if I'm aware it has the same effect on the cleave, 4% seems meh to me) and make them very reliable in the end.

I'm sorry to get carried on that far from the initial subject (25man raiding), even if the author is playing in 25man, it might be useful to someone else though, and I'm of course ready to discuss it, I have an open mind on this.

Hey, Asetrem. As i said, i dont know if this is the fact either ingame or theoretically, but its all from my personal experience and what my other friend / guildmates have been telling me. Currently i got normal 2/2 thok trink and normal WF 2/2 Nazgrim trink and even through the nazgrim multistrike trink is WF, the thok trink still does more overall healing even on spread out fights for me, but ofc that might just be my luck/unluck with RNG.

I think the thing is once you get to a certain point almost every heal is an overheal so the nazgrim trinket almost always gets wasted.  I mean pretty much every swiftmend or healing touch I cast will overheal a little bit in most cases, its only the hots that won't overheal most of the time and even then they overheal a good amount.  The cleaving will almost always hit at least 1 person who is not full hp and during raid damage it will never overheal.  Now in WoD with the healing changes a multistrike trinket would be ten times better since you won't be overhealing constantly, but right now it's kind of meh after a certain point.

In 10-man, it's going to depend on how smart your raid plays. If your raid plays well and doesn't spread out all over the map, Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth is absolutely the trinket you pair with Prismatic Prison of Pride. If your guild is bad and spreads out all the time, you'll want the Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity.

For 25-man there's no option: Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth and Prismatic Prison of Pride.

In all cases, Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia is pretty crap. Multi-strike is very often just wasted.

• Like 1