Sacristia

Demonology Warlock Green Fire Quest How To

6 posts in this topic

Greetings All, 

I am a Demonology Spec 'Lock. Always have been (since Vanilla). Always will be.  smile.pngsmile.png

My query

Does anyone know where I can find a good, detailed, and most importantly viable, guide to the Green Fire quest line for the Demo Spec?

Everything I have read so far mandates I create a Destro Spec in order to accomplish the Green Fire quest line.  

Any intell / tips / a guide on how to accomplish this quest line in Demo Spec would be most welcome.  

No, I am not going to change my spec for this quest line.  smile.pngsmile.png  

No, you can't persuade me otherwise.  smile.pngsmile.png   

And, here is why:  My understanding is this quest line was developed to help teach warlocks how to better execute their craft, fully utilize all their available tools / skills / spells, and become virtually indomitable.  Why, therefore, should I have to change my spec to accomplish that???  Right or wrong, IMHO, I cannot believe Blizz wanted to mass produce solely Destro Spec Warlocks as the only viable method of triumphing over this quest line.

I have made it as far as the Essence of Order, but as of yet am unable to defeat it.  I will keep trying.  smile.pngsmile.png

Thank you very much for reading my post.  Any guidance on how to Demo Spank the Green Fire outta Essence of Order through Kanrethad would be greatly appreciated.  smile.pngsmile.png

Have a wonderful evening and happy hunting!

Peace,

Sacristia, Duskwood Realm

Edited by Sacristia

Demo kills:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=demo+warlock+quest&sm=3

Read through how the destro warlocks do it because those will likely have the macros that make this very easy, regardless of spec. I'm not sure if these demo kills have the macros, I didn't check.

I've killed it as demo and as destro, both BEFORE the Demon Gate change so it's a little different now.

Gear helps the most right now. Doing this as <490 is doable but hard, >510 is fairly easy, 530+ is just lolololol rolled.

Side note, this isn't the Blizz forums. You're not going to get moronic/rude replys to your thread, no need for large angry red writing.

• Like 1

Thank you so much, Lockybalboa!  Love the name BTW. smile.pngsmile.png  Is there a way to go back into my post and take out the red?  I certainly do NOT want to offend anyone here.  I recently discovered Icy Veins, and I love it!  ((Yes, I was living under a rock.  LOL))  Again, thank you so much!  Have an awesome night! smile.pngsmile.png

PS - I think I figured out how to get rid of the red text, lol. smile.png Thanks again! smile.png

Edited by Sacristia

Anytime, and welcome.

If you have more questions feel free to hit us back, it's a fun quest but can be frustrating as hell.

• Like 1

My first run through was Demo. All the same macro's can be used (from what I remember). Just pay attention to interrupt and you'll be fine.

Welcome to the community!

I did him as Demo my first time as well.  I can say the most important part for me was ensuring I had a full bank of fury saved for each fel hunter wave so I could kill them quickly.  Tag with ToC to quickly get them facing away from your pitlord.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Zoo Warlock Deck.
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting range DPS & Tank. We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 7/11 Mythic Antorus. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:15 PM until 12:15 AM Eastern. Currently, our main goal is to push Mythic progression & finish out the raid before next patch, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us, because we will not be doing Heroic or anything like that.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated. In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      As far as classes are concerned, at this time, we do not have ANY rogues, DPS warriors, havoc DH, or wind walkers.
      If you are interested, add me to battle tag and we will talk (violentravi#1826), I will accept mostly anyone who wants to be a bench or casual, but for raiding purposes, you must be able to provide logs.  If you cannot get ahold of me in game, I work nights, please shoot me an email, I check it at work often and I can get ahold of other officers via text/discord if it's urgent! violentnacho@gmail.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, PUBG, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletag: Vims#21684

To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 930~ ilvl
      - 72+ traits.
      - 8/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Druid: Balance.
      Warlock: Affliction.
      Hunter: MM.
      Mage:Frost/fire
      Rogue: Assa/sub
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By GoGhoti
      ### N'Zoth Dan
      # Class: Warlock
      # Format: Standard
      # Year of the Mammoth

# 2x (1) Dark Pact
      # 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
      # 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
      # 2x (2) Defile
      # 2x (2) Doomsayer
      # 2x (2) Vulgar Homunculus
      # 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
      # 2x (4) Hellfire
      # 2x (4) Lesser Amethyst Spellstone
      # 2x (5) Carnivorous Cube
      # 2x (5) Faceless Manipulator
      # 2x (6) Siphon Soul
      # 1x (7) Abyssal Enforcer
      # 2x (8) Twisting Nether
      # 2x (9) Voidlord
      # 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
      # 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor

FAQ:
      Q1: Why no Skull?
      A1: In the purest form of greedy control, the goal is to answer to everything and set up for the best turn 25+ match up. With so many board wipes, removal and heals, we usually have the time to draw a voidlord or two, cube them, copy the cube, and make a sandwich. 
      Q2: How do you win?
      A2: Fatigue plays a factor, but you'd be surprised how much damage 6 1/3s deal... wait no you wouldn't... its definitely 6.
      Q3: How do you sleep at night you monster?
      A3: I like to drink green tea an hour before bed and listen to piano with rain in the background. Link below.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNH1baA_7k
      Q4: What do you do against Raza Priest or Exodia Mage?
      A4: Accept that combo decks will occasionally go off before I can beat them down. Usually their impatients is their undoing though.