Sacristia

Demonology Warlock Green Fire Quest How To

6 posts in this topic

Greetings All, 

I am a Demonology Spec 'Lock. Always have been (since Vanilla). Always will be.  smile.pngsmile.png

My query

Does anyone know where I can find a good, detailed, and most importantly viable, guide to the Green Fire quest line for the Demo Spec?

Everything I have read so far mandates I create a Destro Spec in order to accomplish the Green Fire quest line.  

Any intell / tips / a guide on how to accomplish this quest line in Demo Spec would be most welcome.  

No, I am not going to change my spec for this quest line.  smile.pngsmile.png  

No, you can't persuade me otherwise.  smile.pngsmile.png   

And, here is why:  My understanding is this quest line was developed to help teach warlocks how to better execute their craft, fully utilize all their available tools / skills / spells, and become virtually indomitable.  Why, therefore, should I have to change my spec to accomplish that???  Right or wrong, IMHO, I cannot believe Blizz wanted to mass produce solely Destro Spec Warlocks as the only viable method of triumphing over this quest line.

I have made it as far as the Essence of Order, but as of yet am unable to defeat it.  I will keep trying.  smile.pngsmile.png

Thank you very much for reading my post.  Any guidance on how to Demo Spank the Green Fire outta Essence of Order through Kanrethad would be greatly appreciated.  smile.pngsmile.png

Have a wonderful evening and happy hunting!

Peace,

Sacristia, Duskwood Realm

Edited by Sacristia

Demo kills:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=demo+warlock+quest&sm=3

Read through how the destro warlocks do it because those will likely have the macros that make this very easy, regardless of spec. I'm not sure if these demo kills have the macros, I didn't check.

I've killed it as demo and as destro, both BEFORE the Demon Gate change so it's a little different now.

Gear helps the most right now. Doing this as <490 is doable but hard, >510 is fairly easy, 530+ is just lolololol rolled.

Side note, this isn't the Blizz forums. You're not going to get moronic/rude replys to your thread, no need for large angry red writing.

1 person likes this

Thank you so much, Lockybalboa!  Love the name BTW. smile.pngsmile.png  Is there a way to go back into my post and take out the red?  I certainly do NOT want to offend anyone here.  I recently discovered Icy Veins, and I love it!  ((Yes, I was living under a rock.  LOL))  Again, thank you so much!  Have an awesome night! smile.pngsmile.png

PS - I think I figured out how to get rid of the red text, lol. smile.png Thanks again! smile.png

Edited by Sacristia

Anytime, and welcome.

If you have more questions feel free to hit us back, it's a fun quest but can be frustrating as hell.

1 person likes this

My first run through was Demo. All the same macro's can be used (from what I remember). Just pay attention to interrupt and you'll be fine.

Welcome to the community!

I did him as Demo my first time as well.  I can say the most important part for me was ensuring I had a full bank of fury saved for each fel hunter wave so I could kill them quickly.  Tag with ToC to quickly get them facing away from your pitlord.