FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
koolade74

Bots in AH?

Hi guys,

I've noticed something odd the last few days regarding the AH and in particular the gems on sale. Recently it seems just a handful of players are dominating the gems at AH, which in itself is not necessarily strange but it's the way it's being done. For example, as soon as I place several new gems in AH, within minutes five more have been put in 1 copper less than my price and by the same few people. I've tested different times of the day, even times when few players are online but the same result. I've chatted with fellow jc'ers in my guild and they have also noticed something funky going on at the AH. I've read earlier posts on the forum about the use of bots for hc raiding and this has made me wonder if such bots could or are being used at the AH. Must admit I know little about how such bots work, so maybe my question is a stupid one but I thought I'd just ask. Thanks for your help

It is certainly possible however it is also possible there will be an addon undercutting automatically when you place an item.(i think Tradeskills can do that)

Hard to say it is a bot but if you suspect, just report it and Blizzard will find out.

There's an addon that can just automatically make the price of an item being posted to undercut by 1c. When I was deep in the gem market in Dragon Soul, I was undercutting as fast as possible, just to make sure I sold them. Definitely isn't a bot, unless you watch them move in the -exact- same path every time they go to the mailbox.

There are definitely addons that will automatically play the AH for you. They scan the AH constantly, track prices, automatically buy anything undercutting by a certain %, then relist auctions for a certain % profit.

Some of them you have to pay for, some are free, but you'd never be able to find them on curse. I can't remember the names of them, and it's questionable how they fit into blizzards ToS, but they've been around for a long time. I remember reading a guide on mmowned about automatic AH addons like 3-4 years ago.

Hell, I can do this sort of undercut check/listing within Auctionator, if I was to babysit it.  Never underestimate the amount of free time people have, and the amount of joy and excitement they get from playing the AH.

Old school auto-snipe addons aren't allowed anymore, I don't think.  You can have an addon scanning for all items below certain thresholds, but I believe you must require user input to purchase.

It is against the rules to auto buy, and auto relist, but it doesn't mean people haven't made bots to keep doing it. I doubt there are a lot of them out there, but I'm certain they exist.

It is against the rules to auto buy, and auto relist, but it doesn't mean people haven't made bots to keep doing it. I doubt there are a lot of them out there, but I'm certain they exist.

Right and absolutely.  Addons like that did exist 4-5 years ago, though.  Now it has to be done through an external bot, because the 'buy' is a protected action that requires user input (I think).