FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NisseWindingroad

Twilight Ward and Weak Auras

I need some help with Twilight Ward and Weak Auras. There is a lot of shadow damage in SoO but not from all bosses. I have built a general “use Twilight Ward on cd in combat” aura which I turn on and off manually for “shadow bosses” but sometimes I forget to turn it on (no warning) and sometimes I forget to turn it off and I get an irrelevant Twilight Ward reminder (Galakras is first in that row).

But what I’m actually looking for is a way to activate a “twilight aura” when there is shadow damage in general on the way. I have checked my combat logs and I think all information is there. But I’m not able to build that kind of rather complicated weak auras. Is there anyone who can help? Or is there another solution?

English is not my mother tongue but I hope you still understand my problem. I will not give any response to answers as I will be on a trip abroad for a week from now. But I will read all answers when back.

You can use Twilight Ward and then check the healing meters later.  If you see it was completely used as an absorption effect, then you used it perfectly. 

As for an Aura when Shadow damage is coming, that might be more complex than it sounds.  I think you just need to know the fights you're dealing with and use it pre-emptively such as before the big AoE on Sha of Pride or during any of the AoE from Malkorok.

The only way I can think of building this weakaura would be to add each spell that does shadow damage to a new trigger on the weakaura using it to check the combat log for the spell.

Seeing as TW only protects you from at most ~250k with procs up, it's much easier to just learn the fights so it's second nature to use Ward well.

If you're *insistent* upon an ability that's going to cause Shadow Damage and this WA string... you need to know which abilities either with a cast time or instant cast with a delay will cause Shadow Damage.

You'd want an event trigger on spell cast beginning with the correct unitID (boss1, boss2, etc.) or specific name and the spellID, with Any Trigger selected and a trigger for each spell.

Example you could do:

Reminder when Sha of Pride begins casting Swelling Pride, when Garrosh begins casting Annihilate, etc.

Example you can't do:

Tell you to use it when the guy besides you gets Sha Sear. Tell you to use it when someone takes too long grabbing an add on Norushen.

Thank you all for your answers.

My idea was that it could be possible to do something similar to the weak aura string I have for Rain of Fire (see below). I have copied the string somewhere and I really don't not understand the edited triggers. Thought that a similar approach maybe could have worked. But I rest my case here. I made som minor changes to what I already had done.

WEAK AURA FOR RAIN OF FIRE

di0SfaGiafFcq0OOQ6ucPxbi1Sik3IOIDrb)cqYWashdOAzQapdimnaLUgcQ(MkOACacDpkvhKQYcbHhIiMif6IcXgrGpsu1jruRKiVufKMPk0njQ0oPu(jiAOaQwQq5PQAQu0vbkBvfu(kckZfrAVK(lvzWqhgLfJq9yqnzfUSOndsFwfnAeYPPYRbemBv62uYUj8BunCawUGNJ00v66kA7arFhbz8QG48cv7xAfC1uFl9h6put9NIn4opZGAQp8KUCl9HofWRJl8hTyi3zquek7sZIPyuPkvPkvPkvPkvPkvPkvPkPR(BWDEMb1u)noGuF4jD5w6dpPl3YBJdi1pbzkw9HN0LBzCgyRJl0h6uaVoUWF0kvSyXIxom7wecFFepJGfZNjziTv0ErGyLkwSyXlhMDloMb264II2lcHVpINrWI5ZKmK2kcuf97x(CjHBrmBJXwN4ecUys9FaOrlcufbhuqJweOlcE0kvSyXIHCNbrXXmWwhxiR4ygyRJlkc0fLpxtNv6pALsXqF4jD5w6dDkGxhx4pbzkwzfnyWq0kvSyXIxom7w8bEKJh9iBSO9IGdkWEaioOOCKtXymNOihArcCHSsflwS4LdZUfxNvsxMfazf34aszfjYnssy0ndYQuXIfls5ZaCkpyKnkRiLpdWPnMvkRiLpdWjbx2jvwrkFgGZym3GGl7KkR4iPR8Gr2OSIJKU2ywPSIJKUeCzNuzfhjDJXCdcUStAr7fnyWqLkwSyrh0I(34aYI2TxeyEGh54rps89MEpyKqsK)bMOfzIrrkFgGtBmRSOD7fbt4wBmR0pqc4YINbGmAXLOuuPIflwSyXIfVCy2TifqEVKhfTxKM3eE9d(bYkAWGHOvQyXIflwSyrh0Iua59sEu0U9IpWJC8OhzJfxIsrLkwSyXIflwSyXIfd5odIIByMvQyXIflwSyXumQuXIflMIrLsXq)eKPyP6tcKYfcFMEhHuEVihweBMEGzJaYhnJelIr9HN0LB5rKBK6dpPl3sx9JdjuO0CvBYbeGQpt4SyRJlut9H6eokrQP(BCaP(acjnx9besAU6tmFkGtJjmlUU6Q)LZgQP(tA6bFzuQcH(b(nvt9TM31PM6QR(WxgLQM6tDIZBQpH5l2rij5q1vx9zWRJlOQP(0Lfw1u)b3JYNIHsSU6d1jCuIut9hCVZlNqkX6p4Eu(umui0NYNIH(KfBgGYGts9ngqkOKsyjdi4BgyusLBoCmsF(umOKcbtWemGN59VoagSaac9hCp4jD5wkX6p4EwjLYotLy9pVCc5bnWSs99bNYdgzqaQXahGroHehoeZD5cD1v)qE64cZ4as9zZaJywqF2y4whxWUEBWDEMbQAQR(UH(Y1Di8IXyorro0Ie4cP(IPLzWDEMbQAdC9hokGllozyUqFYIndqzWjPKH5ckPpG8E9EIydoH8IXCciHsGlK6Qpv)dmaQbcxFqQ2ahybhuDvf

Btw I had a nice trip to NYC.

Cya