FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Steppenwolff

Hunter Epic (Classic)

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time, but having a real hard time getting decent/proper/correct information on getting the 4 fights done for the Hunter Epic ... so far I have had Epic fails ... Artorius despawned twice ... thanks to the kitties all over the area, specially the hidden ones ... and Simone ... have not been able to take a single point off her or Precious whatsoever ... and sadly, videos for both of these that I have found were old and featured higher level folks helping ... 

is there a "conclusive" and "concise" detail on this website on these 4 fights? I'm hoping the frustration does not set in ... but it's getting there ... one would always want to see an inch of improvement, but seeing it go backwards is a total bummer ... 

Thanks for the assist, even though it looks like no one plays classic in Icy-Veins ... no posts on the Forums about Hunters. I'm the only one asking what I'm assuming are dumb questions, as I'm told I can have a 3rd pet and there is no option for me to be able to get a 3rd pet on classic. I'm also told that some of these fights are easy and so far I have been getting pasted left and right ... and a couple of them even said to not use long range on Simone ... and guess what ... that's a long range shooting video! Again!

Please tell me I'm not seeing this right!

Hi,

Again, concerned with information ... tried it again, and Simone is not there, and the Pet can not be kited, since the trap was on Simone and not the pet, and you can not get a hit in anymore because the pet is on you and it is a Level 60 Elite ... that hits hard ... how can you kite when the aggro is on you and you can't do anything to get a shot/arrow off? 

And I'm not able to slow Precious down ...  what am I doping wrong?

Edited by Steppenwolff

On 1/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, Steppenwolff said:

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time, but having a real hard time getting decent/proper/correct information on getting the 4 fights done for the Hunter Epic ... so far I have had Epic fails ... Artorius despawned twice ... thanks to the kitties all over the area, specially the hidden ones ... and Simone ... have not been able to take a single point off her or Precious whatsoever ... and sadly, videos for both of these that I have found were old and featured higher level folks helping ... 

Get a couple of friends and get them to kill all the mobs along the path.  i was helping a guildie today, on Artotius.  He's a PVP spec'd BM hunter, so i figured I could give him True Shot, and the realized that if I just run with him with pack on, he can use AotH.  We talked about it and he's going to give me pack so I can use AotH when I attempt again.  We got up to the road before he got wedged on something and the demon got the debuff on him.

I also saw a Horde tauren hunter doing the run, and he got the debuff, but managed to take it off.  not sure how and I couldn't ask him

Don't know if you've done the BS demon, but the tree strat listed on wowhead worked really well.  Well, once you can jump consistently (I used noggenfogger to be a skeleton, since that seem to give me a little easier time jumping to the tree branch)

I'm thinking that a hunter with TrueShot/Pack helping gives a better chance for the hunter doing the quest if they don't have True Shot and also gives them the ability to do AotH for more damage.

Finally, having a healer to buff/rez will make re-attempts faster.  The runback in WS and BS sucks.

Hi

Eyeroll has some good ideas.  I would try them if I get another chance on another character.

This is how I did all four fights:

Artorius:  This was by far the most challenging for me.  

Consumables:  Elixir of demonslaying, Spirit Buff food, Restorative Potion, Tuber and demonic runes, and health and mana pots.

Add ons:  Rangedisplay - this doesn't work exactly as configured but clearly shows for a hunter 0-5,5-20,20-30,30-35,35-41, and 41+ distances.  I also arranged my target frame and my unit frame close to center view.  Lastly I removed all but arcane rank 1, serpent sting, aimed and multishot, and concuss from my bar, just to not accidentally use the wrong buttons.

I stopped him near the round rock at the most southern point of his route, and after clearing the path, I put down a freezing trap, then aimed, multi, ran to distance from the trap and repeated, then strafe kited (I practiced this and it is easier for me than jump flipping and camera turning).  Total times it took my maybe a dozen, learning until I had everything as above.  I ended up using the tuber for health and the resto pot when I was debuffed AS I MADE THE TURN TO THE LEFT ONTO THE ROAD as he cut that corner and got close (also where I used concuss once).  Lastly practicing made it muscle memory to hit arcane on cooldown  as well as serpent sting.  I'd say arcane on cooldown is actually more important than being perfect with serpent sting, because you risk losing aggro and him evading.  - Good Luck.

All the others I used pathing mechanics just like Klinfran and the tree.  Simone I used the hive wall and a hive protruding spire to hop back and forth and used concuss on Precious to get him synched again with her (since he runs faster than her).  With Solenor I did the same with the Hive Zora wall at the far north, pulling him at about 27,73.  Solenor needs to be pulled with cheetah then switched to hawk just to ensure a random hit from him or a bug doesn't prevent your jumping.  There are videos of all three pathing mechanics.  

Considering that everyone I know who has done this did have to learn or hone a skill or two, regardless of whether they used the warlock duel, or magic dust and bombs on precious, or as Eyeroll said, party support without aggro, or pathing as I did, the quest is still challenging for most and fulfilling.  For me I was pleased that I did it through my own investigation and practice, even if I did resort to pathing.  Lastly other hunters appreciated keeping things clear and any left over consumables I had, which made it feel like we all support each other.

I hope some of this was of value to you, Steppenwolf.  Good luck with your quest.

Edited by Fieral