FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Drafty53

10M HC Garrosh Questions

Hello all. Looking for some advice/tips for HC Garrosh 10M.  

1. If Soloing engineers (574 ilvl *no 4 piece*) should I be taking AD or is KJC just too worth it for the rest of the fight?  Also, if I do take KJC will soloing engineer's be possible? 

2.  For Talents/Glyph I have been running GoSac + SL + Glyph of Unedning Resolve, basically giving me no on-demand damage reduction CD. It has been fine for basically every fight so far but should I switch one of those talents/glyphs in order to have some controllable DR CD's?

3. Any other basic tips from the warlocks who have gotten this kill would be awesome. 

Thanks so much.

Haven't done it on 10 man myself, though that is due to change over the next month or so.

Regardless, I believe Locky has killed it 10 man so he should chime in pretty soon.

What I can advise you to do is spec AD and make sure that you aren't one of the 3 dropping the weapons out of the raid. Just stack under the boss and keep movement low. Advise your RL that this is the trade off as I'm pretty sure you are going to need the second charge for the second engineer. 

This is the gist I got from Brusalk at least. Check out his twitch stream to see him in action on the fight.

574 and no 4pc? Weird.

Soloing both Engs is doable but a fair pain in the ass. You're going to need to pool 3-4 embers and be AT the Eng before he spawns. Your time fame will be fairly close. *if* you can do it without taking AD then KJC will boost your over all DPS by a LOT.I'd say give it 5-10 pulls without AD and just using a second potion for the second Eng, but if you're not able to do it then spec AD and make sure the raidleader knows the impact it will have.

Heroic Garrosh is, imo, easier then Heroic Lei Shen and only the 3rd hardest heroic in SoO. The fight is long and seemingly complex but it's very linear and predictable once you understand it. There is almost no RNG that can randomly screw your raid.

Good luck man,

574 and no 4pc? Weird.

Thank you so much for the tips.  Long story short, I have had really bad luck with tier drops & raid team/guild happenings this tier and until Garrosh is down I don't think the new guild I am in will be resetting lockouts.

What about defensiveness though?  Would you recommend to not use the Unendning Resolve Glyph?  How about using Sac Pact instead of Soul Link with GoSac?

My standard is no glyphs for UR, SacPact w/ GoSac, Soul Leach, glyphed Health Stone.

There is no reason to deviate from this set up for H Garrosh.

I also glyph my Havoc for the first heart phase, go in with at least two embers, havoc something, pop DS and you can two shot two mobs at the same time. Very clean. 

Soon to be on H Garrosh, but this goes for any fight - Soul Link is only nice to show off your HP pool.  When it comes to survivability, Sacrificial Pact will ALWAYS win out.

Soul Link only increases HP by 20% if you have GoSac out - otherwise, it transfers 20% of your damage to your pet.  This will often kill him - see Thok.  Soul Link also generates 3% of all damage done into healing, but this is almost always pure overhealing. 

Sacrificial Pact gives you a shield equivalent to your maximum HP on a 60 second CD with GoSac.  For me, that's 803k which is essentially a big middle finger to any mechanic.  AND ITS ON A 60 SECOND CD!  With GoSup, it still gives you a 200k shield, which is nice, but not nearly as impressive.  You should ALWAYS want on demand CDs. 

For example, your getup would have no survival CDs on Heroic Paragons.  For me, I use GoSac by sacrificing a Voidwalker and I take Sac Pact.  For every Aim, I either use Shadow Bulwark, Sac Pact, or Unending Resolve.  I never take more than 200k, if anything at all, during any Aim.  All of those CDs allow me to survive anything.  I've had an Amber get thrown on me, use Sac Pact, then got Whirled due to movement speed debuff and I survived.  Passive defensives are almost never any good.