FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kattii

Pvp pet battles

Im looking to to complete my Brutal Pet Brawler achievement so I can get the Stunted DIrehorn. However I haven't had much luck with the different pet combinations I have tried. Does anyone have any suggestions for pvp pet teams?

• Like 1

It's all based on luck on what you come up against.  Currently, the Unborn Valkyr is a great opener to start with Haunt.  It also gives an opportunity to switch pets based on what comes up. 

Try to set up your team so that you have coverage for all of your pets.  For example, if you use a mechanical pet, you can be hard countered with an elemental pet.  So you'll want something good against elementals, so a water type.  In the unlucky chance you come up against a flyer to counter your water, you'll want a magic type.  An example of this team is:

Darkmoon Tonk

Eternal Strider

Lil Tarecgosa

I haven't dabbled in PvP pet battles too much but if I used the same team twice, I could go from being swept to sweeping my opponent.  If you use a Tonk, Strider, and Lil Tarecgosa and you come up against an Unborn Valkyr, a Flayer Youngling, and Lil Ragnaros, the Flayer will own your Tarecgosa, the Unborn will do tricky stuff, but your Strider will rip Rag apart.  I haven't found the 'magic' setup yet.

I dont know what kind of pets you have but ill give some suggestions as to good combos to use. Call lightning (sunreaver micro sentry, skywisp moth) works well with multiple attacks or dots (works really well with clockwork gnome and turrets). If you are having problems with unborn valkyr groups id suggest either of these options: 1) i use singing sunflower with the dot heal, sunny day and massive hit that has 2rd cd. It heals double in sunny day so you basically negate the haunt dot and can heal like crazy. Usually this guy works well with terrible turnip and i throw in a moth since its not good against aquatic. 2) Use speed/speed critters that have a dodge and burrow. My group i use right now takes a little skill and some luck but is fun: Skunky Alemental, Ashleaf Spriteling (s/s) and a Crow. I throw skunky beer lowering hit chance on all their pets. Bring in spriteling, use dodge, attack twice, then use kick and by that tiem you may not have taken any dmg and only need 1 turn to use dodge again. Ill try to think of some more while at work.