FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hybrys

Preparing for WoD (Elemental)

huh weird, maybe thats just how blizz wanted people to do the fight, or maybe they just cant have every final boss be as cool as the Thunder King.

spirit shell, inner focus, and archangel are so vital to their healing i wasnt really counting them as cds, i was only considering Barrier and Pain Suppression. i think disc get a bad rep because on recount they cant really underperform unless they dont use spirit shell, but theres probably a big difference between 25 man disc and 10 man disc. and i dont have much 25 xp. in ten man its very obvious that there are good disc and bad disc. at this point though i dont think blizz has time or desire to redo the spec and if things go cata level triage style again disc probably wont be viable. theres really no way to nerf them any more than losing the legendary meta already will.

huh weird, maybe thats just how blizz wanted people to do the fight, or maybe they just cant have every final boss be as cool as the Thunder King.

spirit shell, inner focus, and archangel are so vital to their healing i wasnt really counting them as cds, i was only considering Barrier and Pain Suppression. i think disc get a bad rep because on recount they cant really underperform unless they dont use spirit shell, but theres probably a big difference between 25 man disc and 10 man disc. and i dont have much 25 xp. in ten man its very obvious that there are good disc and bad disc. at this point though i dont think blizz has time or desire to redo the spec and if things go cata level triage style again disc probably wont be viable. theres really no way to nerf them any more than losing the legendary meta already will.

I'd like to think that Blizz intended it... But it's damage is so high that I doubt it.  It's a major tribute to the need to remove preventative healing as a mechanic.

Also, the fact remains that they have a large toolkit as it is.  Grace, Spirit Shell, Inner Focus, and Archangel are complex mechanics that offer a lot of gameplay implications to their uses.  They don't need help or skill differentiation mechanics.

Edited by Hybrys

Penance is really the only fun thing about disc though. Every healer should have at least 2 3min or longer CDs just to help them stay awake and have something to pay attention to. Barrier is a pretty small circle, I just don't think it's op in any way.

sweet merciful crap, when 6.0 hits are they taking away hit and reforging? every ele thats reforged out of all the spirit on their gear is just gonna have like 8k of a secondary that does nothing? and all the crit wont be reforged away, so thatd be another 8k of a secondary that does nothing?

sweet merciful crap, when 6.0 hits are they taking away hit and reforging? every ele thats reforged out of all the spirit on their gear is just gonna have like 8k of a secondary that does nothing? and all the crit wont be reforged away, so thatd be another 8k of a secondary that does nothing?

They are, but they're also taking spirit off of armor in the future.  I suggested to a few of the devs that our spirit-hit conversion passive becomes a spirit-mastery passive that doesn't apply at level 91+.  Spriests and boomkin are in the same boat.  Hopefully they'll have an answer.

Also, you have low enough spirit that you can reforge out of crit?  I'm jealous.  (Unless you meant the one or two pieces that are mastery-crit.)

Best advice?  Don't use pieces with Crit on them!

I think the more interesting dilemma is which pieces they choose to remove spirit from.  Will it be gone from every piece, or only select pieces?  Will it just remain on gear that's deemed 'Healing'?  And what criteria would they use to deem an item 'Healing'?

Also, you have low enough spirit that you can reforge out of crit?  I'm jealous.  (Unless you meant the one or two pieces that are mastery-crit.)

lol yeah, i actually just have the 2 pieces of tier with crit and my only thunderforged h weapon has crit. but still, there will be crit on my gear. ugh, the horror.

o.0

Where exactly were you when the announcement happened at Blizzcon? It literally silenced the entire pub I was in at the time.

i thought 6.0 meant WoD, not an undisclosed amount of time before WoD with SoO still as the only content available for a few months. i also assumed it would be years away, and i suppose september - november is still a long time out.

i thought 6.0 meant WoD, not an undisclosed amount of time before WoD with SoO still as the only content available for a few months. i also assumed it would be years away, and i suppose september - november is still a long time out.

6.0 will be similar to each systems patch launched before the expansion.  From previous history, I'd expect a single month, maybe two, of raiding w/ the squish and Mythic before the expac drops.

Ah I understand the difference now :)

I had kind of assumed that the squish would happen on 6.0 patch day anyway :)