FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Djxinator

Chaos Bolt damage percent issue.

Hey guys, I'm having difficulty getting Chaos Bolt as my highest Damaging ability.

It usually runs lower than Incinerate (On everything except a Target Dummy). The way I see it is lack of procs and bad luck...but its happening regularly. 

Bad timing with Procs is getting annoying too, a trinket proccing about 1 second before a heavy movement phase is horrible and I cant stand still for 2.6 seconds casting a CB.

I take KJC so whenever I do move I spam incinerate as normal, even if I'm BE capped, because standing still to cast is not an option.

I also find it way too often that I Chaos bolt because I'm at 3.5 embers and am about to cap, which is a horrible way to dump a CB - I'd love to have more procs but I get so little during a fight. I wonder if its due to my Frenzied Crystal of Rage?

Any input would be wonderful.

Can you link your character? Will give us a better idea. Warcraft logs will help too.

Best idea off my head is get weakauras to track ICD of trinkets. 4 set will also give you windows of opportunity to bleed embers.

Frenzied Crystal of Rage is an awful trinket, but the int proc is still great for Chaos Bolt. It's the other part of the trinket that sucks so horrendously. I have one right now, just because I can't get KTT or BBoY to drop, and the trinket I replaced it with was a 502 UVLS from when I played Demo. I still make sure to track the proc, and unload Chaos Bolts like a madman when I see that proc light up.

Okay, so, I'll be the third to say it: while your mashed potatoe bowl trinket is god awful, it i not what is causing you to lose damage on your CBs.

Logs are going to be the tell all here, but I can't think of any fights in soo except thok... *convulses slightly remembering the horrors of that fight* where movement is going to screw you that hard in regards to your chaos bolts. Most likely, you are not positioning yourself properly, and are creating movement in the fight. This happened to me when I was learning soo, but as I learned them, it faded away. Idk your personal experience, but this seems highly likely, given my experience.

• Like 1