FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Teamcx

Awkwardly Low HP (Prot)

Hi there, I've just returned to the game after several years, the most recent content I've done is Heroic LK 10 on a Prot Paladin. Since returning to the game I have decided to level a Warrior up and take up the other spectrum of Shield Tanking.

I've been doing mostly LFR for gear and have gotten myself to 520 Item Level, I am currently using a mix of gems, including:

Exp Stam (red blue)

Exp Hit (red blue)

Parry Stam (red blue)

Parry Dodge (red yellow)

However it has nothing to do with Stamina, I prioritize my stats in this order:
Hit til Cap>Exp til Cap>Dodge>Parry>Mastery

Currently my Stats are:

14,417 Str

30,348 Stm

7.54% Hit

13.13% Exp (I am still working on the cap for Expertise while trying not to sacrifice Stamina, I don't have problems with threat or DPS, so it's currently not a large concern)

14.90% Dodge

23.43% Parry

19.86% Block

30.20% Mastery

With the above stats and 520 iLv, I am only at 571K Health, which seems very low to me, especially when looking at other tanks HP.

Here is a link to my armory, I wrote down my stats because it may be saved into my PVP Arms.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Manzothesaw/advanced

Don't worry about sacrificing stam. Get that hard cap. Warriors don't actually really need stam because of the way we take damage. Most tanks have to take damage and heal it back up, but we have our SBar. There's very little directly-to-the-face soaking we have to do, so he naturally have less stam. That said, 570k at 520 sounds about right. I think you may be over-prioritizing dodge as well. Trade out a bit of dodge for parry and see if that gives you a higher combined dodge and parry percent.

i only say part of your gear because it switched to pvp.gear. few thing you need to take in to account first think about your stats

1. Hit Rating (until 7.5%) and Expertise Rating (until 15%);
  2. Parry Rating and Dodge Rating;
  3. Mastery Rating

the fact that you not hitting ether one is more cause for concern it meens you wont be able to hold aggo. also your missing a few inchats. over all  ya your stam is a little low. 590 ish k is ok but i do understand i would suggest stacking a bit of stam gems.

for the most part i do agree with  Estarriol but disagree with him about the need of stam. yes war need stam but not stacking like other classes i would suggest 650 k would be a good point to try and get to with just lfr gear. over all hit the caps and then gem a bit of stam if you feel like your still too low

Stam has very limited use. If you're frequently getting hit sub-50% by expected damage, then you need more stam. If you're not, then the stam would provide so little benefit that it would essentially be a waste of stats. At this point, all you are doing is tanking LFR, with a bit of Flex soon. Those instances don't really have a lot of bursty damage, so you should be more worried about general damage: DoTs and melee. You'll benefit more by having more rage to play with than stam.

all tank classed need stam his health is fine if he is just doing lfr but later with flexes with some fights can get a little tough with only 590k health normal tot and lfr soo are about the same in terms of damage. but flex can be harder. look when it come right down to it yes stam is a good thing stam= more health but only to a point that you feel ok about your ability to survive after that if you keep stacking it it can be a wasted stats. i know a few tanks with less gs then him but have more health then he dose. when you hit flex the first 4 bosses are cake walk in term of getting hit but after that it come to the point that you will start getting hit harder and harder. he also wont be able to get in to any real flexes with out more health.
over all do this go to trade chat ask for a few healers to ask question and ask how they would feel if you as a tank and them as the healer was doing flex and you only had 600k health unbuffed .

Edited by ClaytonMcKown

The point at which you should feel fine is when you're not getting hit sub-50% by normal damage. Additionally, I do not believe that I have ever met anyone who cared about raw health amount for flexes. If you still feel low, check your enchants. You're logged out in Arms, but you are missing a shoulder enchant. If your prot gear is missing your should or leg enchant, you're missing a large chunk of stam right there.