FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Typhon Hydra Wizard

Guest Eagle

Is there any better kanai's cube combination with the forbidden archives season mod? Eg. 2 weapons 1 ring?

Guest Katrina

I've got a question would changing the teleport rune to wave of force arcane attunement and just have the arcane Hydra would it be stronger basically same build just add wave of force and turn the element to arcane 

Guest Sivartus
On 3/14/2020 at 1:33 AM, Guest Eagle said:

Is there any better kanai's cube combination with the forbidden archives season mod? Eg. 2 weapons 1 ring?

I was wondering sort of the same thing, why not put the hat and gloves in the cube rather than RoRG at all?

Guest Old man

As for trying different combos in the cube, I was just running a hardcore hydra with death wish, tasker and theo and serpents in the cube.  Was wearing rorg3, squirts, hok,  magistrates and ancient pig sticker.  The set items I had was average at best, but it still is a viable choice. Made it to 99gr before my internet decided it didn't like me in a 100gr.  Only at 750 or so paragon. I would say play around with it.  Theres more than enough options. Have fun

17 hours ago, Silvathe1 said:

why witching hour if it has no passive?

It's the only Belt to roll Attack Speed and Critical Damage as property, both Adding to your damage output. 

On 3/21/2020 at 9:45 PM, Guest Sivartus said:

I was wondering sort of the same thing, why not put the hat and gloves in the cube rather than RoRG at all?

It's possible in Season, but this way the build works in NS too. But since the cube always give a perfect roll for property, it is better with imperfect gear. 

Guest Ballebaest

Something feels off about sing Etched Sigil in this build. The way I approach combat is with *a lot* of repositioning of Hydras as I make my way through the rift and during combat when I need the cc of the hydras frost nova elsewhere. As such, I have to do this manually since channeling Arcane Torrent won't pop a new hydra while I have two active already.
I question is whether there is a better source to use in off-hand, since I don't believe I'm getting much out of the free hydra casting part of Ecthed Sigil. 

18 hours ago, Guest Ballebaest said:

Something feels off about sing Etched Sigil in this build. The way I approach combat is with *a lot* of repositioning of Hydras as I make my way through the rift and during combat when I need the cc of the hydras frost nova elsewhere. As such, I have to do this manually since channeling Arcane Torrent won't pop a new hydra while I have two active already.
I question is whether there is a better source to use in off-hand, since I don't believe I'm getting much out of the free hydra casting part of Ecthed Sigil. 

The point of using etched sigil is not only to cast Hydras, but they also deal 150% Increased damage during chanelling (after 1 second). The wording is rather vague, this acts as a 2,5x multiplier to your hydra damage, which is the highest among all Wizard sources. Also, it's good to know that Hydras will spawn from the sigil to the Area you point your mouse at while channeling, and you can also spawn your Hydras manually they will still deal increased damage. 

Guest Ballebaest
On 3/31/2020 at 5:30 AM, Yolo said:

The point of using etched sigil is not only to cast Hydras, but they also deal 150% Increased damage during chanelling (after 1 second). The wording is rather vague, this acts as a 2,5x multiplier to your hydra damage, which is the highest among all Wizard sources. Also, it's good to know that Hydras will spawn from the sigil to the Area you point your mouse at while channeling, and you can also spawn your Hydras manually they will still deal increased damage. 

It seems I didn't take the entire text of the item into account. Thank you for the clarification.

How is your experience with the build?

Thank you for all the great build resumes! I have 2 questions: 1. Why not take Hydra skill increase from the torso? Is there any special reasoning for that?  2. Ancient parthan defenders work with freeze proc? Text says stunned. Thank You for the clarification ? 

Guest Stuck at Home

I’ve been running an electric version of this using the lightning hydra and replaced black hole with the blizzard- lightning damage increase rune. Blizzard also prove much more often than black hole does.  Also using a wayward ring for the the stun on lightning damage since I don’t have the storm armor specific ring. 
it doesn’t hit as hard, but close, as the ice version, but everything on screen stays stun locked. GR100 in 7min. paragon 950, no squirts amulet, no augments.  I actually like this version a lot more.  

In my opinion, I think there s a mistake in the build webpage (gears, gems,para….).

Concerning the torso, I would add the 15% hydra damage despite of elite damage reduction, don t you think?

Edited by Syl20

Guest N8270
On 4/24/2020 at 5:07 PM, Syl20 said:

In my opinion, I think there s a mistake in the build webpage (gears, gems,para….).

Concerning the torso, I would add the 15% hydra damage despite of elite damage reduction, don t you think?

I don't know if it's a mistake but was wondering about that.  I went with hydra damage on mine.

Guest Juliius

How does one use both Storm Armor and Magic Weapon simultaneously? I'm confused as this build doesn't show any inclusion of the Magic Middle/Shock Pulse/Spectral Blade/Electrocute section of skills. What am I missing?

I am running a lightning hydra variant, and i must say i am rather happy with it.  

Here's the skills:
Magic Missile (Conflagrate)
Black Hole (Event Horizon)
Hydra (Lightning Hydra)
Familiar (Sparkflint)
Energy Armor (Force Armor)
Magic Weapon (Force Weapon)

Elemental Exposure
Unstable Anomaly
Paralysis
Power Hungry

Here's the gear:
Helm: Typhon's Frons
Shoulders: Typhon's Tibia (preferred stats: Increases Hydra damage by 15%)
Chest: Typhon's Thorax (preferred stats: Increases Hydra damage by 15%)
Gloves: Tasker and Theo
Bracers: Ancient Parthenon Defenders (preferred stats: Lightning Skills deal 15% more damage)
Belt: Jang's Envelopment
Pants: Typhon's Abdomen 
Boots: Typhon's Tarsus
Weapon: Serpent's Sparker
Offhand: Primordial Soul

Jewelry: Squirt's Necklace
Convention of Elements
Manald Heal

Here's the Gems:
Zei's Stone of Vengence
Bane of the Trapped
Enforcer

Weapon: Emerald
Chest, Pants: Topaz
Helm: Amethyst

Cube:
Ring of Royal Grandeur 
The Magistrate
Starfire

Some of the main points of this build are the stun effect from Paralysis will stop enemies in their tracks, and the subsequent damage bonus from Bane of the Trapped and Manald Heal greatly improve the damage dealt.  Damage taken is reduced by Ancient Parthenon Defenders because of the stun effect as well.  The damage bonus from Convention of Elements, combined with Elemental Exposure, boosted by Primordial Soul, as well as the various elements used in the different skills allow for rather quick work of clearing rifts.

The main drawbacks of this build are that you are rather vulnerable, so you must compensate by keeping enemies away from you.  This build is not made for speed, so finding bonuses to movement speed wherever possible are also key.

Strategies for this build are centered around casting Hydra far ahead of you, to keep enemies away and to benefit from the damage over distance multipliers.  Place one Hydra on either side of a group of enemies, try to keep them close enough that the Frost Nova from The Magistrate will cover the area in between.  Cast Black Hole in between, pulling enemies into the kill zone.

Edited by PENJr
found better bonuses from what were originally alternate gear.

Guest Old hand

I am running the wizard Hydra build and normally I can destroy anything while playing the game, but recently when I enter the 2nd quest where you have to enter the caves I found that the slime spewers which are on the walls it took me literally 10 mins to destroy it, is this a bug in the game. Your reply would be much appreciated 

Guest TealMercury
On 5/21/2020 at 3:13 PM, Guest Old hand said:

I am running the wizard Hydra build and normally I can destroy anything while playing the game, but recently when I enter the 2nd quest where you have to enter the caves I found that the slime spewers which are on the walls it took me literally 10 mins to destroy it, is this a bug in the game. Your reply would be much appreciated 

It must be a bug, I also ran into this once. This was a 'Kill All' bounty. I just re-created a new game session. Subsequent runs I had no problem with them.

Guest Old hand

I´m running the Typhon wizard everything was fine till recently, when I completed a GR and upgraded a Legendary gem, but when I went back to town and looked in my stash the upgraded gem was not in my stash, I have my other 3 gems but not the one I just upgraded, any help would be appreciated 

Guest Dan

Please update this to what the top 3rd guy on the leaderboard is using. It's far better, also saw on that managed to fit the crimsons finery in which was very high ranked.

Guest Guest_01
On 3/30/2020 at 10:30 PM, Yolo said:

If you have no hydras out, then the Sigil will spawn them. However, I'm not ever seeing my hydras ever spawn from channeling after there are already 2 present, so this part of the guide has always confused me. Is there something I'm missing?

On 7/11/2020 at 1:53 PM, Guest Dan said:

Please update this to what the top 3rd guy on the leaderboard is using. It's far better, also saw on that managed to fit the crimsons finery in which was very high ranked.

Hey there, I can't find said Typhon Hydra player (perhaps he's on the US server?), but could you share how you find a Cpt. Crimson inclusion improved the build? ? Over here on the EU server Typhon's is largely played fully into Area Damage and Toughness, with little to no investments into CDR or RCR, where Cpt. Crimson would provide the most benefits.

15 hours ago, Guest Guest_01 said:

If you have no hydras out, then the Sigil will spawn them. However, I'm not ever seeing my hydras ever spawn from channeling after there are already 2 present, so this part of the guide has always confused me. Is there something I'm missing?

You aren't missing anything, I'd say. I do understand your point about re-positioning and Etched Sigil not being helpful with respawning, but it's simply something you'll have to play around with manual re-casts ? The damage multiplier is the bigger reason for its inclusion.

Guest Albatross215

So I followed the build exactly as follows.. But occasionally I run into enemies that one shot me before I can ever proc my stormshields effect with hok.. Like for instance Malthiel will usually always instakill me when he charges me in his second phase. And then the same with enemies that suprise rush you or come out of the ground. There's times where I literally can't do anything since there will be no enemies around in one on one boss fights to proc my storm armor effect and I just did repeatedly die unless I'm lucky enough to get off damage on them before they one shot me. Is there something I'm not doing right with this build, or is this a weakpoint?