FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Elavel

New player questions

I warmly welcome. As I've never played World of Warcraft in my life, it's time to learn this title. The only one where I saw WoW is twitch and watching streams, to more or less see what the end game looks like, etc. I know that there are many opinions on the Internet - positive and negative, but I would like to try the game on my own skin. As I watched some streams I have a few questions. Overall, I was thinking about the worlds and I don't know which one to choose. I have heard that there are a lot of Poles at Burning Legion, but I have also heard that a significant part of them is quite toxic etc. In general, I would simply like a server that would be good for a beginner, etc. As for the conflict side, I have not thought yet over my choice, but I think I would go more towards the Horde. As for the character class - I was thinking about Warrior Fury, because I saw gameplay and it looks nice, at least for me, and additionally matches the style I played most often - DPS. If someone could more or less show me how leveling in WoW looks like, how much time it takes to punch 1-120 and in general, whether it is worth spending on a monthly subscription or give it a rest I would be very grateful.

Welcome Friend

Welcome to World of Warcraft, as you've posted a few questions ill try to keep this short and sweet for you.

- There a few "newbie" server but it really depends on which region you play in which may determine your lag within the game. Someone may be able to help you with this or a quick google might help. Most server has a normally amount of Toxic players, most are helpful. Toxic players are something you cannot escape but they can be ignored.

- Choosing a side (horde or alliance) again depending on what you think is "nice" or "cool to look at". I play horde but I do like the Main Alliance city Stormwind.

- Nobody can really show you how to level, it's just something that happens. There are quest addons you can download into the game to help you out. There are also players running around doing the same quests as you that you can also team up with.

- How long it takes depends on how you level which falls under a lot of categories. How often and long you play, what class you play, if you have someone helping you, if you chose to level via questing/dungeons or PvP.

- Paying a monthly sub? depends on how much money you have. I been paying for 10 years, bought all the expansions + mounts etc. Is it a waste? Yes. Is it fun? In my opinion yes. Your definition of fun is completely different to mine.

There are tons of things to do and see in the game, i find it interesting. A lot of things to collect aswell. Depends on what you want from the game. You can see in the main chat and troll all day like some people do, you can work hard with a team and defeat the hardest bosses and get the best gear (not everyone does that) same goes for PvP, slay the opposite faction (that is very fun and takes skill and coordination)

Take the free monthly trial and see if you like it. If you do, chuck on your headphones, go into "System" then "sound" click "loop music". Enjoy the sounds while you level. You'll enjoy it. Make friends and it will be even better.

Good Luck