Monning

Fistweaving help

Sign in to follow this  

9 posts in this topic

My main is a MW and in my raid group I do pretty well by Mistweaving exclusively, I rarely try to get up into melee and pop off a BoK or something. 

my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/Bantok/advanced

I sometimes will cast CJL to get some damage in and I also got the DPS caster cloak to make that a bit more useful.

When I fistweave I feel like it's too mana heavy and does't put out enough healing to be worth it. But should I focus less on channeling soothing mists during light damage and just fistweave through it?

Edited by Monning

But should I focus less on channeling soothing mists during light damage and just fistweave through it?

This. It's just something to do that will be more efficient than you trying to soothing mists people at full chi.

With a mistweaver the best advice I can give it to CONSTANTLY generate and use chi. Never sit on chi unless burst is coming. Fistweaveing helps you do exactly that with light damage.

Thanks for the reply! (and sorry for my late one)

I've noticed recently that I often cast uplift almost unconsciously just for the sake of burning chi (even when it does 100% overhealing)

My guild will be clearing normal another few times before we continue on so I have plenty time to practice and I'm sure the extra damage would be appreciated on heroic bosses.

Being in melee range also means you can ignore 85% of mechanics (totally just pulled that number out of thin air)

Nap during raid, let serpent's zeal do the work.

Did they trash the idea that boss mechanics treat MWers like melee? e.g. I won't get hit by desecrate in melee

Edited by Monning

Nap during raid, let serpent's zeal do the work.

Did they trash the idea that boss mechanics treat MWers like melee? e.g. I won't get hit by desecrate in melee

Desecrate is actually based entirely on range, not spec.  It drops on melees if they're too far from the boss when determining eligible targets.

In terms of mechanics that are spec-based, it's been said that Mistweavers are supposed to count as melee, but I'm uncertain if that's actually the case.

In terms of mechanics that are spec-based, it's been said that Mistweavers are supposed to count as melee, but I'm uncertain if that's actually the case.

We are treated like melee provided we are in melee.

We are treated like melee provided we are in melee.

Even then... If the mechanic specifically targets range not melee (I.E Seigecrafter Sawblades, Seigecrafter Locked On) they wont target you at all still even if you're in range.

Pretty much, as its always been, Monks are counted as melee. ALWAYS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this