FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nalar

Affliction , to be or not to be!!

Hello,

Ok this is my armoury http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Nalar/simple

I have a question or two, i have been reading some posts about affliction spec and a couple of days ago I have just dual spec'd so that for destro I just need to replace KTT with BBoY and vice versa?

But I have been looking and while playing with AMR I have found if I went full affliction I could put an extra 8-10% mastery over destro if I went 12606 haste.

But should I go afflic spec just because of the mastery or stay destro because it's a spec that's Pro SoO,

But this is also considering I have just joined a hc raiding guild and a good bunch of ppl, that don't want mess things up with thier progression!!.

Regards

Nalar .

If you're doing progression, play Destruction.  When you play farm, feel free to try Affliction.  Destruction should outperform Affliction in survivability, utility, and DPS until you outgear content.

Thanks for the quick reply zagam , should I go full destro then ( lowest haste possible ) if I do that then I can get up to about 130% mastery fully buffed?.

I don't mind what I do tbh?.

Destro can perform adequately with low haste, or up to around 10k haste. It's up to you, though many of us here prefer to have as little haste as possible to avoid GCD capping under the effects of Bloodlust and Tempus Repit, and the like.

• Like 1

If you will drop about 2000 haste, literally just replacing your BBOY, you'll be fine w/ destro, and can still swap to aff on farm nights. My advice would be this. It's what I do, minus the trinket swapping, and my DPS is more than adequate. Haste = crit for destro in all reality. You just have to eat the GCD caps.

Ok thanks for the info, I got normal mode BBoY last Sunday and only recently thought about affliction / destro, I did spec, demo yesterday and with BBoY and 12k haste did better than what I thought I would just need better gear, but using the timeless isle to perfect the rotation on afflic, just for fun I think I'll keep that spec and under advisement stay destro for progression nights, cheers

1 more thing

I cannot find on icy veins the focus macro I saw ages ago, was so used to using in I'm lost lol

Anyone know where it is?.

#showtooltip

/cast [@focus ,mod;alt] Havoc

for havoc, or 

#showtooltip

/cast [@focus ,mod;alt] Immolate

Is this what you were looking for?

I'm running 10.2k Haste right now (I think at least) and it's not completely intolerable.  It does suck casting Incinerate and having 0.2-0.4 seconds wasted with your Incinerate cast super low, so I modify my rotation to not include Conflagrate in my opener aside from the very first thing I cast after CoE and Immolate.  This keeps me from capping and provides me two Conflagrates after initial 10 second opener to force Backdraft Chaos Bolts if my trinkets act wonky.  It gives me more flexibility in my opener to ensure I get good Chaos Bolts off in the first 20 seconds.

This is a moderate to expert level modification, so if you're not finely tuned with your opener and can't think to adjust in the middle of it, just perform as always with minimal DPS loss.  Haste or Crit comes down largely to preference. 

Quick q while we're (kinda) on topic zag. Currently no BBoY for my aff OS. Should I be running GoSac or GoSup w/ that? since I'm still sitting on KTT.

Sadly Affliction requires a pet.

They nerfed GoSac and also shifted a portion of our damage from MG back into our dots.

It's not worth it.

• Like 1

They nerfed GoSac and also shifted a portion of our damage from MG back into our dots.

It's not worth it.

^

Even if you don't have BBoY, use KTT and balance with the proc.  You'll lose a very small portion of your Multistrike proc rate (~1.5-2.0%) which should amount to a relatively minor loss in damage (1M-2M).  Overall, much smaller than the loss of bypassing a pet as Affliction.  GoSac MIGHT be close to Supremacy if you are just whacking on a single target, but for anything where DoTs go elsewhere, you're losing out.

Thanks astynax they're what I'm looking for.

No prob.

It's not worth it.

Thanks liquid and zag! Knew they had nerfed GoSac, but wasn't sure how much. I'm only really playing aff on mal, IJ, and thok, and mostly on farm anyway, so Damage isn't that big a deal, but I still wanted to min/max my OS. XD

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus ,mod;alt] Havoc

for havoc, or 

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus ,mod;alt] Immolate

Is this what you were looking for?

What does this do? Or where do I find what it does? rolleyes.gif

first one havocs your focus target if you press it while holding alt. second one does it for immolate.

Does it whether or not you hold alt, actually.