FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Blackd

Specific situation with opener

What to do in situation like this:

So i start nuking the boss and i get kardris totem proc, lightweave proc, meta gem proc, jade spirit proc, 2 FoF and 1 brain freeze, and i just cant get the PBoI proc shall i do alter time or wait even tho my kardris totem proc is vanishing and potentionaly new FoF and BF are overwriting the existing ones?

You alter time, and ride it out. Don't cancel even if PBoI procs.

I know it hurts, and you'll just hope you can wipe and restart the fight (don't, your RL will find you out).

+6 sec on IV, Jade Spirit, Potion, Toxic, Lightweave, and Meta far exceeds the 20 sec of PBoI. Further, you will gain more procs that are being completely wasted by you not firing your FoF & BF.

So it sucks, but alter time once it's ideal, if you begin getting around 6 sec remaining on any of your starting buffs, then you better hit AT or risk losing everything.

Sadly, Akraen is right. I do feel that Frost pull DPS becomes a bit sensitive to RNG, but the only thing you can do is try to make the best of it. If your trinkets are the same itemlevel then they give the same amount of int(PBoI just has a longer duration/no icd) so either you lose toxic totem + your other procs/buffs while waiting for PBoI, or you don't and forsake PBoI. The former situation is always the more desirable because the total amount of int/haste is higher.

Also, always catch Icy Veins with Alter Time.

• Like 1

I was always wondering if it is just me who has bad RNG when it comes to those timely PBI procs. But yes it does make more sense to increase the duration of Icy Veins and Potion and those precious BF + FoF procs than wait for PBI. 

I should be paying more attention to those FoF and BF that I lose waiting for PBI to proc. Honestly, its always the first few seconds of a fight that I am most stressed out with appropriate AT usage than anything else. 

Thank you OP for making this a topic! :) 

This hold true for arcane as well, start as strong as you possibly can (including prepot if your tanks are smart enough to countdown), and hope that the RNG doesn't hate you.

Aaand I'd say that fire is an exception, since it doesn't have any specific cooldowns that needs to extended (apart from trinkets ofc). But in the case of fire I'd definitely delay using my Alter Time-combustion combowombo until my trinkets are up to get a wonderful combustion out of it. :)