FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valanar

[Enhancement] T16 4set

This is in regards to 4set bonuses and Normal SOO gear.

I'm wondering if it's worth keeping the 4set. I have warforged relentless tyranny already on my chest and just got a warforged horrifying helm. Should I wait for warforged cutters for gloves or drop the 4set as soon as I have the valor for the helm? 5% isn't a high chance on the 4set and my thought was having 3 warforged pieces would certainly be plenty of a stat upgrade over the 4set.

The effectiveness of the 4pc is directly proportional to how many flame shocks you have running.  On Garrosh phase 1, unless your raid isn't using the Iron Stars to kill the adds you don't care about dpsing them too much, but they're there and as such you will have it proc almost nonstop, which nicely increases your single target dps during that phase.

On a pure single target fight (Iron Juggernaut, normal Malkorok, etc.), I would switch out for the WF pieces.  In any situations where there are frequently multiple targets to roll flame shock on (even on Paragons, where you don't care about damaging the other targets), I would keep the 4pc.  (I'd probably keep it on Galakras too, even though the "hard part" is pure single target, they'll help so much for smoothing the transition it's probably worth it.  Garrosh is a more difficult decision, but I'd probably go with the 4pc for general QoL and transitions.)

I would disagree, and say that the majority and core of the Garrosh fight constitutes single target damage.  I would recommend 2pc w/ offset WF.  Given the choice, I'd wear Pants/Gloves for the set.

I would disagree, and say that the majority and core of the Garrosh fight constitutes single target damage.  I would recommend 2pc w/ offset WF.  Given the choice, I'd wear Pants/Gloves for the set.

You're probably right.  Besides, your teammates might complain if you use them to roll more flame shocks for extra Lava Lashes after MCs go out :P  If your raid has weak AoE and it can help you shave a few seconds off the transitions, it's worth it to keep the 4pc, but that's probably not the case (Terrace adds die too quickly).

I'm fine with having a multi target set (paragons, protectors, spoils, h imm, sha?) and a wf set (core single target). If that's the solution, it makes sense to me.

Well, I'm probably not the person for that! I'd rather wait to see if we some consensus about having two sets: one multi target (4p + 1wf) and one core single target (2p +3wf).

It would be fantastic if someone could post a short summary of this discussion in the official pinned thread about T16 set bonuses. smile.png

Done.  Threw in some comments about elemental set bonuses too (which are nice and easy to track with recount), and checked Purge's post on totemspot for some numbers on the enhancement stuff.

Well, I'm probably not the person for that! I'd rather wait to see if we some consensus about having two sets: one multi target (4p + 1wf) and one core single target (2p +3wf).

If you have the gear for it, do it.  Our tier gear is mercifully light on hit/expertise, which makes this much easier to do.