FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shammy

Enh shaman dps

Hey guys! Id like to know anything i can do to improve, i feel like im doing tons of mistakes and my dps is nowhere near of what it should be according to my ilvl. First time im uploading logs so if the link isnt correct let me know pls.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/objvx6yfwm811j2d/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6-%D1%81%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B8/%D1%88%D1%88%D0%B0%D0%BC/advanced

Garrosh is a bit of a mess to analyze; Malkorok is probably the best fight this tier to analyze with, if you can scrape up a log of it.  Sha of Pride is another good one to analyze, as is Iron Juggernaut if you don't get Shock Pulsed too hard.  The raw number seems quite reasonable, especially given your trinkets; a substantial part of enhancement's damage (especially on shorter fights) occurs in their truly ludicrous openers, and higher ilvl trinkets contribute greatly to it.  Notice that everyone in your raid has pretty low numbers for what you'd expect from their ilvls, it's just how Garrosh is.

The raw counts of how many times you used each ability seem right, and nothing really looks wrong.  Elemental Mastery count seems low, but you're probably holding off to stack it with other CDs (with Primal Elementalist, doing so is quite important).

Far as I can tell, you're doing well!  If you can log Sha, Juggernaut, or Malkorok, I can double-check, but it looks good from what I can see.

(Slightly off-topic, the regulars might want to make some logs so we have a baseline to compare things to.)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply man, i really appreciate that. Im quite new to the game so i want to make sure im doing eveyrthing right. Uve said that stacking primal elementalist is quite important but does it mean that i should delay them every time for elementalist (and what is the critical timing for it in seconds approximately), assuming the fight isnt gonna end before im allowed to do that and get the full uptime on it ?

Another thing that bothers me is the opener, once again uve said its a huge part of enh dps. The way im opening is using wolves + pot 1 second before the pull, elementalist, unleash elements, stormstrike and then a macro for ascendance + stormlashtotem and other dps cds and this is where im not sure if im doing everything properly aswell.

I was surprised when heard bout trinkets, i thought that having for example haroms talisman from flex or even normal wouldnt really change all that much. Btw i have ticking ebon detonator from flex but im not sure if i should swap it with any of my trinkets. Ive asked some ppl and been told to stick with what i have right now.

Assuming you don't have Fire Elemental glyphed and you start the fight by popping Fire Elemental and Elemental Mastery;

EM has a 1.5min cooldown

Fire Elemental has a 5min cooldown

So the best you would expect would be two EM's between Fire Elemental, then waiting 30s between EM coming off cooldown and Fire Ele coming off cooldown.

Realistically, though, if you can wait a few second for a trinket proc before using EM, I'd guess you gain some damage. That would mean you're only waiting a matter of 10s or so, rather than 30s (providing you use EM within 10s of it coming off cooldown).

Did that make sense? :)

Assuming you don't have Fire Elemental glyphed and you start the fight by popping Fire Elemental and Elemental Mastery;

EM has a 1.5min cooldown

Fire Elemental has a 5min cooldown

So the best you would expect would be two EM's between Fire Elemental, then waiting 30s between EM coming off cooldown and Fire Ele coming off cooldown.

Realistically, though, if you can wait a few second for a trinket proc before using EM, I'd guess you gain some damage. That would mean you're only waiting a matter of 10s or so, rather than 30s (providing you use EM within 10s of it coming off cooldown).

Did that make sense? smile.png

Assurance of Consequence makes this so much more complicated.  If he glyphs Fire Elemental with that ilvl trinket, my head math says it comes down to 1 minute 50 seconds-ish.  That's about 20 seconds of "wasted" elemental mastery cooldown, but Primal Fire Elementals do massive dps and scale extremely well with haste.  Personally I also save Spirit Wolves and line them up with this stuff too.  Ascendance's CD is just long enough that I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for; certainly if you're waiting for a burn phase (Heroic Protectors), but otherwise?  Much more questionable.

I don't want to give you any hard and fast recommendations until I'm certain of them.  I'm busy right now, but I'm going to do some sims later tonight and see if I can come up with some numbers I'm happy with.

Assurance of Consequence makes this so much more complicated.  If he glyphs Fire Elemental with that ilvl trinket, my head math says it comes down to 1 minute 50 seconds-ish.  That's about 20 seconds of "wasted" elemental mastery cooldown, but Primal Fire Elementals do massive dps and scale extremely well with haste.  Personally I also save Spirit Wolves and line them up with this stuff too.  Ascendance's CD is just long enough that I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for; certainly if you're waiting for a burn phase (Heroic Protectors), but otherwise?  Much more questionable.

I don't want to give you any hard and fast recommendations until I'm certain of them.  I'm busy right now, but I'm going to do some sims later tonight and see if I can come up with some numbers I'm happy with.

My Fire Ele Totem has a 101.4 second cooldown with a Heroic AoC double upgraded.  With HWF AoC double upgraded, it should be closer to 98.5 seconds.  Holding for 8.5 to 11.5 seconds seems worthwhile to me.