FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
TheVelvetSoldier

Resto - Must have elements in your macros?

Hi all. New to the forums (but not to the site). I am a newly-minted 90 that just got back into the game after a very long absence. I am really enjoying playing my Resto Shaman but would like to understand whether there are certain spells, etc. that should "always" be cast as part of any macro. Perhaps a less than optimal example, but what I am getting at is whether folks try to do things like fire off trinkets every time they can (through a "/use" command) by making sure that is part of every macro they use.

Are there any spells,etc. that I should be working into my macros? Any useful macros more generally that should be considered effectively "mandatory"?

Apologies for my newb-ness...it wears off.

I don't use many macros, mainly just mouse over and the like. I do use a macro for a "oh snap" GHW instant and I macro my synapse springs to my UE.

The amazing thing as a resto today is that very little is "mandatory" except that "heals on target should be more than damage on targeted player" :)

Others may have more to offer for macros myself I just use vuhdo and my mouse over macros

Hi there, and welcome to the forums!

As far as macros go, the only ones I'd recommend are talent-specific;

- If you take Ancestral Swiftness, I recommend macroing in /cast Healing Rain so that you can instacast HR on the move. It's very useful!

- If you take Elemental Mastery, I recommend macroing it into Ascendance, for the extra healing on such a big cooldown.

Apart from that, there's not much to really do in terms of macros :)

To piggy back on Stoove, I would say it is also benefical to macro in Spiritwalker's Grace with Ascendance so if you have to move, you are not wasting uptime with no casts.

To piggy back on Stoove, I would say it is also benefical to macro in Spiritwalker's Grace with Ascendance so if you have to move, you are not wasting uptime with no casts.

I find it's nice to have out of the macro, for two reasons; 1) there are other time you would want to use SWG anyway and 2) because last I checked you can use SWG while casting, so you don't even have to stop using your spells to cast it.

I find it's nice to have out of the macro, for two reasons; 1) there are other time you would want to use SWG anyway and 2) because last I checked you can use SWG while casting, so you don't even have to stop using your spells to cast it.

If you have the 4pc set bonus, de-syncing those spells also lets you take more calculated and frequent advantage of it.

I would like to say that, while it's not a macro, it's important to note that it's beneficial to use Unleash Elements before each Healing Rain, because the buff is so large.  You cannot macro them together, though, and typically there are no other necessary macros.

I definitely like the idea of an emergency instant GHW macro, and I keep around an instant Healing Rain macro for mid-Ascendance/AG refreshes.  I build these both into the main buttons I would use for that skill, with a modifier for instant, for that extra quick reaction time.

So for each of these, you can cast it as normal, or hold Alt to make it instant.

GHW:

#showtooltip Greater Healing Wave

/cast [mod:alt] Ancestral Swiftness

/cast Greater Healing Wave

HR:

#showtooltip Healing Rain

/cast [mod:alt] Ancestral Swiftness

/cast Healing Rain

• Like 2