FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
qoou

When to make the switch to fire/arcane 567ilvl

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Qoou/advanced

I am wondering if I should switch specs to fire or arcane? My item level is currently 567. From what I understand, with fire you want a lot of crit gear. And Arcane and Frost have the same stat priority, except for Mastery > Haste.

Would it better suit me with my current gear to switch to Arcane or Fire?

I know it also has a lot to do with how well you can play each spec. I feel like I have Frost pretty much 100% mastered. However, since playing a mage since early BC, it would not be hard for me to master Fire/Arcane. I would rather go fire, because I do not like the immobility of Arcane. But I am unsure if I would have enough crit. I would also like to also be able to switch between two specs, and I currently only have one set of gear.

So if I were to go fire, it seems like I would have to reforge/re gem each time i switched specs?

Basically I would like some other opinions on my current gear and what would suit me best and get a maximum DPS gain. 

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by qoou

This is the parrot answer, but play what you know best. Personally, with your gear I would rape shit with Arcane, but I'm sure you do fine with frost and would do fine with fire. It's a matter of what you are best at/most comfortable with.

Switch to Troll for more useful racials is my only suggestion.

Edited by Belicosa

Your gear isn't well itemized for fire. You'd feel a little wimpy compared to frost/arcane.

If you're someone who enjoys mastering all the specs-- well do that. All three are great. I'd start by flipping back and forth with Arcane because you can use the same gear.

Switch to Troll for more useful racials is my only suggestion.

Are you a Blizzard guy who tries to sell useless race change for X dollars? :D

Why useless? Racials will be changed in WoD and will be balanced. Consequently... No, don't suggest this anymore, please. :)

Thanks for the replies, I think I will start trying arcane on some fights. At least until I get some better gear optimized for fire. 

Do you have any pieces with crit on them that you do not currently have equiped? For Fire you will want to have the 4 set equiped as well. You will definitely want to have in the realm of 14-15k crit before you consider going Fire if you care about the viability as compared to your current gear.

If you want to go fire for fun I'd advice a 43% raid buffed character sheet critical chance, but that is my personal opinion. Anything less and the RNG will be very annoying and the spec will feel clumpy.